Reverse diet repair

Options
lorimiller18
lorimiller18 Posts: 26 Member
edited December 2020 in Success Stories
I've been working with my trainer since the beginning of September. When I went to him, I was consuming under 1200 calories a day, IF 24-36 hours- so some days i consumed 800-1000 calories, no to little carbs (under 25g), I was ketovore for over a year. I worked out 1-3× a week, spin classes.
I weighed 150lbs, 5'ft tall.
3 months later, I'm up to 2000 calories/day.
And 200 carbs/day.
I lift heavy 4x a week.
Cardio 30 min. 4-5 × a day, moderate intensity.
What I've been learning on my journey is food is not my enemy, carbs are not my enemy. I haven't lost 1 piund, I actually gained 2.1 pounds lol. But my body shape is transforming. I cant wait to start my cut in a couple months to see all the muscle I've been building!!

Height: 5ft
SW: 150
CW: 152.1
GW: Don't have one. Looking to just be muscular and strong and less fat on my body.

Unfortunately, I can't post the before and after photos directly from my android, I can only share the album via shutterfly link.

https://link.shutterfly.com/b9zc3Kkrncb

Replies

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    It's really cool how you've transformed your body and your health - I'll bet you feel great! You're so right about carbs not being the enemy! They are just fuel.
  • KealoloSue
    KealoloSue Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your grit and determination are really inspiring! I looked at the photos. Just .. wow ! Like you, I don't care about the lbs, but gaining muscle and being leaner. I'm only 5't tall too, and small boned so it only takes small portions to get up to my BMI. My worry, at my age (in my 60's) is flabby skin and getting rid of visceral fat. What does your trainer suggest we do to prevent saggy skin as we loose fat? Weight lifting? (I have to be careful of my joints so I'm starting at very low weights).

How much weight are you lifting?

What does "I can't wait to start my cut in a couple months to see all the muscle I've been building!!" mean?

Again, very impressed with you!
  • lorimiller18
    Options
    Thank you!!! Slow and steady weightloss will help with saggy skin. But alot of that is genetics as well. I'm lifting so I max out between 8-10 reps.
    Cutting means after I've trained my body to work efficiently at 2000+ calories ( we'll be adding more calories in the next weeks) we will start to reduce calories a bit to see some actual weightloss.
    Yes! Being short is so difficult because it doesn't take much to look big, 5lbs can add a size!
  • lorimiller18
    Options
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    It's really cool how you've transformed your body and your health - I'll bet you feel great! You're so right about carbs not being the enemy! They are just fuel.

Thank you!!!
    Ya, im 46 and my entire life I've had a very unhealthy relationship with food which led to lots of eating disorders etc. Healing that part of me is the most important thing for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!