Chubby, Chunky, Puffy, Flabby Thighs..what works??

Options
It seems like cardio and weights do a decent job on my abs, and lower legs but my thighs are just lovin' holding on to the flesh. Any suggestions that might help me out here?
:drinker:

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I am a pear too.. but honestly.. lowering your BF % is the only thing that will work.. can't spot hit fat unfortuantely, but if you keep going then the nearer you get to goal the slimmer all those area's will be. Dont' forget to do your measurements for inspiration and confirmation.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I was once told that this is the LAST place to come off !
  • turtlegirl4718
    Options
    I don't know what works, but I just have to say you are in a big club...not one that we want to be in, but so be it.
    Your title is so comical, I just had to comment ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The inner thighs are the lazy muscles of the body. They will divert any amount of exertion they can to other muscles.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You lose last what you gain first. So you probably gained in your thighs first which means they're going to be the last to go. It's that way for me. My thighs finally started getting smaller, then I gained, and now I'm starting over. Now it's coming off my belly & waist... slowly my thighs will join (or leave, technically) the party. Really all you can do is cardio to lose fat and do strength training to build muscle that will burn fat FOR you and make sure to work your thighs so you have nice toned legs once the fat leaves.
  • Goddess111682
    Goddess111682 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ride a bike!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    lunges, squats, deadlifts and cycling all help - a lot, my thighs are proff of that.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and leg press.. a combo of all 3 plus cardio will help slim the thighs down.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and leg press.. a combo of all 3 plus cardio will help slim the thighs down.

yes, I forgot to mention that - the leg press (cardio was mentioned), but all of those things did it for me.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    have you done the 30 day shred? it incorporates a lot of the strength training + cardio that people are talking about here
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have lost 72 pounds and most of it has been from the waist up. I just measured myself the other day and finally started to lose a few inches from my thunder thighs and ghetto booty. I think the Step Aerobis dvd I have been doing 3x a week is finally starting to work. I am also considering adding my Windsor Pilates bun and thigh workout dvd to my daily routine in the next few weeks to help, as well. I know it will come off eventually but, it's very frustrating, that's for sure! We are in the same boat, so never feel like you're alone!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    RESISTANCE BANDS (singing voice)
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I did 1,000 squats in 10 days - finished about a week ago (I could definitely tell a difference in the firmness and more muscle tone)

The next 10 days I am doing side lunges. The first few days my butt and legs and killer, but then it's not so bad.

I do them when I have to use the restroom and since all I drink is water I go A LOT. I will continue this route, I find it very convenient for me. :)