Almost 50lbs down since May 2020

Options
I wish I had done this for my wedding! But I'm very proud of myself for sticking to this, I feel so much more confident and happier. I still have a good 30+ lbs roughly to go, hoping I'll get there soon. qstjfi5pa7gf.jpg

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great in both photos!
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    @Fflpnari awe thank you, I did feel great on the day but cant help look back at these and think how big I was lol
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to change your name to little mama!
    Way to go!
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!!
  • LateNightsWithBecca
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing change in such a short time. I just started on here. Did you have to keep your calories pretty low to lose that fast?
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great in both photos, and you will be able still to fit in your wedding dress! (Though it will be too big for you.)
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing change in such a short time. I just started on here. Did you have to keep your calories pretty low to lose that fast?
    I don’t think she mentioned how long it took.

She looks fabulous and I absolutely love the creative idea of having wedding pictures remade. What a goal reward that would be!!!!

It’s a myth that you have to have super low calories. Tortoise “dieters” have a better long term success rate than hare dieters. We didn’t get overweight overnight, and it’s counterproductive to try to lose it overnight. Invest that energy into a plan you can deal with forever, instead of shedding at once and then falling back into old habits.

I know it’s hard, but in retrospect, it was also easy.

Hugs and success! And phenomenal job, @BigMamaLynsey !
  • meanwill
    meanwill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almost 50 lbs down since May 2020

Good for you!! Did you start your eating plan May 2020?
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options

Thanks & Nope! I dont eat particularly healthy either as I do like my carbs. Maybe the odd takeaway or 2 😅 i just keep to roughly 1400 a day, I dont calorie count. I do have an idea of some foods, what I did that helped me was cut down my portion sizes, I used to have huge plates of food now which was my down fall, I have stopped eating sweets, cakes and biscuits as these are very heavy in cals so that was a big help.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    You look fabulous! Since you mentioned wishing you had done this for your wedding, maybe for your next anniversary, you could dig out that wedding dress, have it taken in, and have a photographer take anniversary pictures of your spouse and the "new" you!

Thats a great idea! Still have my dress thankfully ☺
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options

The thread header says 50lb down since May 2020, so I would assme since May 2020 :D . This is so impressive! (I say that from the position of being not quite 30lbs down since May 2020.)

• BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    meanwill wrote: »
    Almost 50 lbs down since May 2020

Good for you!! Did you start your eating plan May 2020?

Yes 20th May, I do intermittent fasting. So I will eat all my calories between 12pm and 6pm which is about 1400 per day roughly, proper guestimating my calories lol. I was dropping 3lbs roughly for weeks in the beginning and now ill drop between 1 and 2 lbs a week, I only drink water after 6pm until 12pm the following day. I find I cam cope without breakfast therefore I get to add those calories I would have had for breakfast to my dinner instead. Its working well for me for the last 7 months. I'll be doing it for life not just until I've lost all the weight :)
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »

The thread header says 50lb down since May 2020, so I would assme since May 2020 :D . This is so impressive! (I say that from the position of being not quite 30lbs down since May 2020.)

I started at 15st (210lbs roughly) on May 20th 2020 (7 months ago I think that it 😅) never want to be so big again, its been really nice fitting into smaller clothing as ive always struggled getting womens clothing my size lol, 30lbs is a great loss! Nice 👌
  • kjburkecpa
    kjburkecpa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the hard work.
  • meanwill
    meanwill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah, an earlier post was that she did not mention when she started. So, I asked. Sorry if that was a bit air head.

I think you've done great!! After a life time of dieting, two weeks ago I started the 16/8 intermittent fasting too. You have encouraged me to keep trying. I was surprised, but so far it has not be too much of a struggle.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    Options
    meanwill wrote: »
    Yeah, an earlier post was that she did not mention when she started. So, I asked. Sorry if that was a bit air head.

I think you've done great!! After a life time of dieting, two weeks ago I started the 16/8 intermittent fasting too. You have encouraged me to keep trying. I was surprised, but so far it has not be too much of a struggle.

Don't ever give up, it really does work. The first week was hardest for me, but gets so much easier after that I found. This is literally the only way I seem to do well with. Also because I don't eat after 6pm due to wanting to keep my fast longer and also not wanting to break it I find it stops me from being tempted to eat food. My husband eats all sorts if times and can tease me in the evening, but I refuse to touch anything during my fasting period lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!