Winters here and everything gone down hill :(

Options
Hey everyone! Hope everyones doing well during the holiday season! In my previous posts I mentioned how I made a good level of progress and what not. Now, its been about 3 months since I worked out, owing pretty much to work and all. Ive gained back 3 kg. Not a great feeling and all but I wanna get back to Insanity as I was doing before. Its just idk, I have zero motivation, zero energy, not feeling like doing anything. The thought of getting up and doing that hard *kitten* workout is just....no...I dont really have access to a gym or anything where I am, im pretty much confined to doing whatever I can at home. I know its hard to believe but where I live, with COVID, things aren't the same anymore. Besides, Insanity is the only thing thats ever given me really good visible results. I was really hoping that by Mid-feb, I wanna lose another 10 lbs or so. Im currently at 93 kg, Im working my way to my target of 80kg. If anyones got any advice, motivation or anything id love to hear it! Thank you everyone!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    If your Insanity workouts are too much to think about--start smaller. You can go walking for an hour, even speed walking, anything you like to get you back moving. Check out YouTube or other sources to find something you'd like to change it up. Once you get back into it, Insanity may appeal again.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to start being active everyday. I have abandoned most hopes that I will feel motivated to workout... That hasn't worked for me for at least a year! I am trying to build habits now. I hope this helps you in some way. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,481 Member
    Options
    Sometimes doing In reverse is the ticket.

Start small, create a habit of working out, even if it’s something simple as walking (a great exercise btw). Build up a little each day, or each week. If you create the habit, soon you’ll miss it and discover the motivation to do it.

You have to make the time to do it. Wedge it right into your schedule. Think of it as your gift to yourself.

Maybe if you put it on your calendar or smart phone, and it’s writ down, do you think it would motivate you?
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Working out is not required to lose weight. Jus eat less than you burn. Weigh your food, track it, and stay within your goal calories. May the app be with you!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice here. Cut yourself a break too. Covid has turned things upside down where I am too. I gave up on motivation a long time ago. I now live by, "It's what I do" and I do it. I don't always have it in me to go all out, but I always feel better for having done something. Walking is underestimated. It's a great place to start, and before you know it, your body will want more activity. You might reach a point of feeling like you want something more intense or challenging. You might even feel motivated to do Insanity ;). It's a tough time of of year in good times. For many of us, sometimes just getting through the required parts of the day is an accomplishment. It won't last forever. Focus on caring for yourself. That way, exercise is more about movement, stretching, strength, etc, and not burning calories or crushing "it," whatever "it" might be for you. You're not alone. :heart:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Who has seen me write this before? I'll do a short version of my "motivation" speech.

1) Think broadly about your life. Who do you want to be? What do you want to be able to do? (Block out what you think others expect of you and develop your own goals.) Start a journal and write in it daily.
    2) How does your fitness fit in to your overall life goals? Write it down, if you can.
    3) What behaviors are required to achieve your fitness goals? (Examples: Workouts x times a week. Maintaining a calorie budget. Not eating certain trigger foods.) Again, see if you can write it down in a clear manner.
    4) Pick a start date (e.g., Jan 1) and get to it.
    5) When you feel "unmotivated," go back and read your own reasons and goals. Are they still valid? You are your own best motivator, after all.

As I battle the bulge coming from Christmas cookies, etc, I think about how the pandemic is going to end and how I want to be able to get back to all the activities I love, including swimming, biking, running, hiking, etc. I want to come out of quarantine stronger than ever!

Best of luck!