Back to the grind a square one again

Options
I'm needing something more than just my fit bit community to keep me motivated and keep me on my goals I need accountability all the way around lol. Got fat to lose, muscle to build, and a competition to enter!!!
PS my Name is Carrie... you are? Lol

Replies

• doubleplay_643
    doubleplay_643 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    CarrieAyn1 wrote: »
    I'm needing something more than just my fit bit community to keep me motivated and keep me on my goals I need accountability all the way around lol. Got fat to lose, muscle to build, and a competition to enter!!!
    PS my Name is Carrie... you are? Lol

I love competitions and accountability. That is the only way I can achieve my fitness goals. I am currently 1 month into a 100 day challenge. I sent you a friend request.
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found for me that habit and discipline will carry me through to achieve my goal.
    I have created a home workout area in my attic. The atmosphere is rustic and rough, which for me is motivating in itself. It has become the place I look forward to going to even in the times it feels more like a chore.
    I have set aside 1.5 hrs to be there for 5 days a week. I go the same time everyday. 90% of the time I can’t wait to get there and 10% of the time I force myself to go even when I really don’t want to.
    I hope this can be helpful for you. Don’t look for success in motivation as it will come and go but never stay long.
    My name is John and I’m new here. Looking to share my passion for working out with likeminded people.
    Good luck on in your endeavor to achieve your goals!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    There’s a Challenges board here on the forum that has lots of challenges to participate in.

Also check your notifications tabs for sponsored challenges with prizes. They pop up sometimes.

If you have an Apple Watch there’s a challenges feature on it for a huge monthly challenge involving many thousand people, and sometimes you find other,
    smaller group watch challenges posted here. You can also compete against IRL friends you have bookmarked in your watch.
  • CarrieAyn1
    CarrieAyn1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im a fitbit watch person. No apple anything. But Ill def look into those competitions!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,655 Member
    Options
    Hi Carrie ...my name is Megan ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 ...I too am a fitbit watch person ..Feel free to add me ...would love to support you while you are on your journey :)
  • GamerTech9
    GamerTech9 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm starting to push more to lose weight while gaining muscle. Discipline, determination, and meeting those goals will help. Once I start my IT job then will find time to workout after from those job sites. Find motivation to help get your goals done. Keep track of what to eat and cook your own foods too.

Name is Drew and during the pandemic lost up to 20lbs. I will be working on to losing more.
  • JSLuke59
    JSLuke59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Stocked up on my favorite pre workout to get me through those early morning lifts!