Sick, calorie count off.

Options
I have been sick for the past few days. I was tested for covid yesterday and I'm negative. I'm going to call my doctor on Monday. I'm pretty sure its a sinus infection, constipation (TMI sorry) and I have a slight fever.

Trying to count calories is very trying right now. I feel like blah and want to eat all the bad food to fill the whole I'm feeling. I been trying to track still but I know I keep missing stuff. (Like all the honey I put in my tea, I have not been measuring that). Very little motivation. Today is my weigh in day and I'm very nervous to step on the scale.

I have not been working out either because my body needs all the engery to heal itself.

(Some questions I have)
Anyone have any encourage thoughts? Have you been through this before? How did you stay motivated? Should I even focus on counting calories? What are some foods that may help during this time?

Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,023 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with Lietchi.

I still track food, even if it's just, "Write it down, log it later." I know better than to take breaks from logging food.

I also agree to eat at maintenance calories to promote healing.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Just focus on getting better. A few days won’t matter in the long run. Get back on your regular plan once you’re feeling better. 🤗
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    any emotion makes me want to eat. Lonely,depressed, sad, and yes sick. Today I had a stomach ache and I wanted to eat salty stuff. I didn't. I drank a coke and that settled my stomach. Someone told me to eat I would feel better. No, makes me feel worse.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I would worry more about eating enough fiber and drining water to help your digestion. Drink half your body weight in ounces! I deal with constipation too and since I started making sure I drink my goal or more it has helped so much!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Hoping you feel better soon. Concentrate on feeling better. If I feel truly awful, I don’t track. Don’t have the energy. But when I feel bad, tracking does help nudge me to get nutrients I might be missing if I weren’t logging. Taking care of yourself is the goal...log if you can because it will prompt you to get enough nutrition.

Encouraging thoughts: I don’t know what the covid positivity rate is where you are, but 10% is pretty bad, which means even in the most heavily impacted areas, your chances are 9 in 10 of testing negative. Focus on self care and isolate until you get your test result. It’s what you do the majority of the time that matters long term, not a few days off plan here and there.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I eat spicy food to open up sinuses and keep moving (even just walking). Hydrate and rest.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I agree with those saying take it easy and eat at maintenance while you're sick. Even a moderate calorie deficit can be taxing on the body when you're trying to heal...food is energy so the best thing to focus on is getting better. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Ashley91McC
    Ashley91McC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Feeling so much better today and even stepped on the scale to see I still lost a pound even while being sick!