New

Options
Hello. My name is Yolanda Sims and I’m new to MyFitnessPal. I’m 50 and just starting out on my fitness journey. Hoping this will help me in achieving my goals of weight loss and being fit.

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @yolandasims17 I have lost 55lb so far and need to lose another 30lb by counting calories and low carbs. Just log everything you put in your mouth and stay below your calorie goal each day and you will lose weight. You can do this!!! NEVER give up on yourself!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,809 Member
    Options
    Hi, @yolandasims17. I started at 56, and have lost 90+ in two years (though that’s debatable this week lol).

It is totally do-able. Familiarize yourself with the website, choose a reasonable rate of loss, *buy and use a food scale and log religiously* and you’ll do just fine.

It’s wierd. Starting out it seems so hard and unattainable and confusing, then suddenly you’ll look back, shake yourself off like a shaggy wet dog, and say”well dang, that wasn’t so bad after all!”

Please feel free to post and ask questions. Don’t be shy. We all started from zero on the goal-to-reach scale.

You might as well have some fun with it while you’re here!