Over coming the impossible....

Options
All of us want to loose weight of course but some of us hold extra baggage, have restrictions, or double the pressure!

WHAT IS YOUR STORY? WHO AND WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION?

I am 23 years old with asthma and torn ligaments in the knee. I also have double pressure because I decided to quit smoking the same day I started my path to a healthy life. This has been he!! , my mood swings are off the wall and I crave so many things that I didn't even want when I was eating everything...but it is always motivation to know that you are not on this journey alone....

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, IR, hypothyroid, and adrenal fatigue..but have still managed to lose 30 pounds with only 10 more to go.

I think the impossible is possible ..if you have the drive and ambition to do it
  • Zinniablooms
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hello msinsanity, Good job on your new goals I quit smoking in 1986 {wow a long time ago} but I smoked 3 pks a day so I smoked alot, good job it will get easier and you will be so hapy you did it. I struggle with healthy eating and I am just starting a new chapter of trying really hard to loose I have 50 lbs to loose you have some hurdles but you can do anything you set your mind to and want bad enough. maybe swiming and strength training will help while you are mending.
    have a great week !!!!!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sticking to a dieting program has been a challege for me. Like I never saw the scale go down. when i did WW i lost 8 pounds, but gained over 40 pounds after that including my on and off calorie counting and lack of exercise. NOW i have my diet under control and once im down 15 ounds ill start running again! IM BACK BABY! I OVERCAME MY IMPOSSIBLE!! :drinker: :laugh: :glasses:
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Me I'm just fat and old 48 to be exact need to get my life back! Getting ready to file for divorce after 20 years of marriage he is horrible and probably part of the reason I am overweight very much a mental abuser! I'm doing this for myself first then my 2 handicapped children. Shane is in a wheelchair and has been since he was 12 he is now 24 and the nicest kid you would ever want to meet. he asks for nothing but is my knight in shining armor. My daughter Cortney is 17 about to be 18 in October and is ambulatory but suffers from the same disease I want us all to be healthy and Happy again.She is a funny vibrant shining light in this sometimes unforgiving world. My children have Muscular Dystrophy so let's find a cure!
  • diane423
    Options
    Im an emotional eater.. I eat when im happy or sad or depressed. Its crazy i was the perfect size 6 my whole life . I had my first chid when i was 23 lost 60 lbs in no time . I went back to size 6 and stayed that way until i had my second child at 38.. WOOOOOOO after my son i lost all the 15 lbs i gained during pregnancy. But then i just lost control and i ate without concern. Stopped exercsing stop caring about myself n just focused on family and friends.. I love to feed people literally. Geez at work i always bring goodies for my co -workers .. I am turning44 in november i want my life back i want to feel pretty again i want to just be healthy and finally focus on me .... ughhh this journey is so freakin hard.. but i know its work the struggle .. God bless you all and Good luck..
  • Zinniablooms
    Options
    good job thats encouraging :happy: I am also counting calories just started today. I had WL surgery last june I lost 60 Lbs but in just a year I have managed to streach my stomach not all the way but quite a bit ,which is really depressing :embarassed: I have started gaining my weight back which really is upsetting 14 lbs :sad: ,so I have to get serious before its too late. I have to look at it like it was a jump start , now I have to take advantage of it.:smile:
  • MsInsanity
    MsInsanity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    CONGRATZ!!! keep up the good work despite the odds that fall against you!
  • MsInsanity
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hello msinsanity, Good job on your new goals I quit smoking in 1986 {wow a long time ago} but I smoked 3 pks a day so I smoked alot, good job it will get easier and you will be so hapy you did it. I struggle with healthy eating and I am just starting a new chapter of trying really hard to loose I have 50 lbs to loose you have some hurdles but you can do anything you set your mind to and want bad enough. maybe swiming and strength training will help while you are mending.
    have a great week !!!!!!

You quit for that long??? How did u manage to handle smoking when stress hit? That's what I am scared of!
  • MsInsanity
    Options
    Me I'm just fat and old 48 to be exact need to get my life back! Getting ready to file for divorce after 20 years of marriage he is horrible and probably part of the reason I am overweight very much a mental abuser! I'm doing this for myself first then my 2 handicapped children. Shane is in a wheelchair and has been since he was 12 he is now 24 and the nicest kid you would ever want to meet. he asks for nothing but is my knight in shining armor. My daughter Cortney is 17 about to be 18 in October and is ambulatory but suffers from the same disease I want us all to be healthy and Happy again.She is a funny vibrant shining light in this sometimes unforgiving world. My children have Muscular Dystrophy so let's find a cure!

I am so happy to hear that you are pushing forward with you goal. I am also glad that not only are you doing it for yourself you are doing it for your two children who need you to be healthy for them. I am so glad that you took a stand to divorce him because he has some issues within himself and you and your children can do bad all by yourself! I am here if you ever need me!
  • nappertwins
    nappertwins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have the right idea and you're on the right path. Stay true to yourself... it's all about you.
  • MsInsanity
    Options
    Im an emotional eater.. I eat when im happy or sad or depressed. Its crazy i was the perfect size 6 my whole life . I had my first chid when i was 23 lost 60 lbs in no time . I went back to size 6 and stayed that way until i had my second child at 38.. WOOOOOOO after my son i lost all the 15 lbs i gained during pregnancy. But then i just lost control and i ate without concern. Stopped exercsing stop caring about myself n just focused on family and friends.. I love to feed people literally. Geez at work i always bring goodies for my co -workers .. I am turning44 in november i want my life back i want to feel pretty again i want to just be healthy and finally focus on me .... ughhh this journey is so freakin hard.. but i know its work the struggle .. God bless you all and Good luck..

I love your post....I am also an emotional eater but maybe I should specify that! I eat when i am happy, sad, mad, bored, and etc ...lol So maybe i am an all the time eater? But anyway I may eat 1 meal if that of food! I LOVE CHIPS, COOKIES, AND CAKE! I CAN EAT IT ALL DAY! THAT IS BAD....