Skinny Switch Secret

Options
hey... have any of you heard of the skinny switch secret? my mom is agreeing to do it with me, but i don't want her to waste her money if it's just another scam... what do you guys think?

Replies

• lemondropdreams
    Options
    hey... have any of you heard of the skinny switch secret? my mom is agreeing to do it with me, but i don't want her to waste her money if it's just another scam... what do you guys think?
  • kimbey76
    kimbey76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    check this page out, it is a review of the plan, pretty informative and unbiased

http://www.reviewboard.com/reviews/kitchen/7955-Skinny-Switch-Secret-Diet-Review-Updated.html
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    For anyone not familiar with what lemon is sharing I just found this on the web...very expensive it appears...and it looks like simply another 'DIET'... any thoughts from anyone more familair?

"You combine specific foods for 3 days and eat alot to rev up your metabolism and then for the next 2 days you eat what you want. Supposedly it tricks your metabolosm. cost 154.00"

"I went for the "free" trial and canceled within 3 days.

"The diet is a bunch of pick and choose meals. Every third day is your cheat day where the calories and carbs are a bit higher, plus you get your one treat food. Really nothing more than that. The recipes are interesting, but all require a fair amount of cooking"

I googled several things and only came up with skinnysecrets.com sites.:noway:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Can't you do something like that without paying for it.

I mean... you can eat "lighter" foods (salads, fruits, veggies, etc) for 3 days.
    Then eat "regular" (meats...preferably lean, carbs...preferably complex, veggies, fruits,etc) for 2 days.

Wouldn't you get a similar affect? :huh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    check this page out, it is a review of the plan, pretty informative and unbiased

http://www.reviewboard.com/reviews/kitchen/7955-Skinny-Switch-Secret-Diet-Review-Updated.html
    I'm not sure I would call that unbiased as the company gave them the product for free (recipes info etc)

One person did mention they lost 12 in a week:noway: WOW, but once you go off the 'diet' like any others the weight will come back on...

Bunny I see suggested eating healthy and if you also toss in working out and drink water the weight will also drop off but you will have much more chance of keeping it off:drinker: It's slow and steady that will make lifelong changes for our body. FOR FREE:wink:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    This reminds me of the TeaLight diet plan that was going around back in early 90's. It was based on the checmical reaction of foods and keeping the body guessing.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the TeaLight diet plan that was going around back in early 90's. It was based on the checmical reaction of foods and keeping the body guessing.

Ohhhhh....
    But.... can't you still just do that with normal foods?
    I mean 3 days eat a certain way (maybe lighter foods....soups, salads, fruits, etc).... then 2 days different maybe more dense meals?

I am curious....
  • kimbey76
    Options
    The site I posted is a review website, not affiliated that I can tell, one of the webmasters tried the diet for a few weeks doing a weekly review of his weight lost and how he found the diet, pros and cons. The links to each week dont work so great so I will post them here:

http://www.reviewboard.com/reviews/kitchen/11086-Skinny-Switch-Secret-Diet-Review---Week.html

http://www.reviewboard.com/reviews/12380-Skinny-Switch-Secret-Diet-Review---Week.html

http://www.reviewboard.com/reviews/13501-Skinny-Switch-Secret-Diet---Week.html

It is interesting to read but I would pass on the diet myself.
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Sounds exactly like fat loss for idiots. These claim you can lose up to 9 pounds in 11 days. Their theory is you eat 4 meals a day, just until you are feeling full, a variety of foods, no measuring or counting, you do this for 11 days, then for 3 days you eat what you want. People have said it works, but I am with other people on this thread, eat healthy, exercise and take it day by day and you should be fine.
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Haha...just tonight, I saw something very similar called The 4-Day Diet. I think they are all just forms of "Zig-Zagging" or "calorie-cycling"...you alternate between high calorie days and low calorie days. I really believe you can learn enough on line, for free, rather than spend that much money on another one of these diets.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I think the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to do away with the fad stuff and just eat healthy and exercise. I have tried many a fad diet and lost weight, only to gain it back. Three years ago I began exercising regularly and eating foods that fuel my body and I have had success. I am not at my goal weight but am at a comfortable weight that I have been able to maintain for the better part of a year. I have never been able to do that before.

Before you spend a bunch of money on it I would just try it the old fashioned way.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Well said, Bamboo! Save your hard earned dough for a nice (smaller) bathing suit.
  • kimbey76
    Options
    When I said unbiased I meant the review gives you pros and cons, myself I would say you are much better of to just stick with the goals and calorie counting here, it is helping me immensely just to be able to keep track of your calories so you are aware of what you are eating