Back Again and looking for help/buddies!

Options
7rainbow
7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
Hello all,
After years of going on and off this app I am back once more. I want to be open, so here is my situation:
I'm 5'6, in my 20s, and about 137 lbs. I'm not overweight, but I am nearing there (apparently someone my height needs to be 114-150). I was skinny my whole life, like skinny skinny. I eventually got an eating disorder, and had it for years. Even at my height I was 103 lbs once. Anyways, I got over it (woohoo!) and started gaining weight. People said that I would find my "body's true weight" and that it would settle out. Well it didn't. I just keep gaining. I want to lose some weight and tone up (maybe 15 lbs) however it is hard because I live with my family who eats fairly unhealthy, as well I don't own a scale (I last weighed myself on a gym scale) as my family took it away when I had my eating problems. I feel hopeless and stuck, and hate my body. I know with a little work I can love it again but I just don't have the motivation. If anyone would like to be a buddy to keep me on track that would be awesome! Feel free to post any advice or support, it all means a lot to me. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    With a prior ED, I would hesitate to offer up my usual suggestions. Can you check in with your treatment team for assistance?
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    With a prior ED, I would hesitate to offer up my usual suggestions. Can you check in with your treatment team for assistance?

I could, but I feel like they wouldn't offer any help either with worries of relapse. But like I said, I'm not trying to go back to that, I just want to get more in shape (I have like no muscle) and maybe lose like 10 lbs. I just don't know what to do, I feel very unconfident and am not sure how I'm supposed to leave the house once covid is over.