Need motivation! 😀

Options
Hi All! I’m new to this, and I need some buddies! I have severe pain issues, and the fallout from exercising is brutal, but I figure the less of me there is the less there is to hurt! 😁
I need motivation! I have to lose 30 lbs!

Replies

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @cynnamingirl I have lost 55lb so far and need to lose another 30lb by counting calories and low carbs. Just log everything you put in your mouth and stay below your calorie goal each day and you will lose. You can do this!! NEVER give up on yourself!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! You don't need to exercise to lose weight - you just have to eat fewer calories than you burn. Exercise might make it a little easier to achieve, but it can be done without it. I lost my first 30 pounds without any exercise at all outside of my normal daily movements - and I'm getting ready to re-lose my last 30 pounds sans (much) exercise due to an issue with my foot that I'll hopefully be having surgery for soon. :) You've got this!

Oh - also, simple walking is probably the easiest exercise out there, and it's pretty easy on your body. Would walking even just a little more cause you more pain?
  • cynnamingirl
    cynnamingirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, that’s awesome!
    Since I just started walking on the treadmill today I’m hoping it will restart my metabolism! I haven’t been doing much of ANY type of exercise for a long time, and I plan to slowly increase my walking as long as I can handle the pain. Unfortunately I have a husband that LOVES to cook, and I LOVE to eat, so even though it’s a match made in Heaven I’m going to have to get really tough on myself to cut way back!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    You can do this my hubby does the cooking so I tweak around our main meal and adapt my exercises as I need to due to hip, knee and back pain. Yoga and pilates are good.
  • cynnamingirl
    Options
    I took a yoga class for disabled people, and it really did help! Now we have moved to Kingman, AZ, and it’s not offered here so I have to find one to stream! I know there are plenty out there, it’s that whole lack of motivation thing that kills me.
    I love that hubby cooks, but now that he’s retired he’s gone all out! I’m not exactly a “moderation” type of girl, so I go for it! I’m lucky my body type keeps me around 20-30 lbs overweight, the way I can eat I should be 300 lbs! The sad thing is that I have had stomach surgery, so I never feel hunger, I just eat for sport, and I’m going for the gold medal!
  • cynnamingirl
    Options
    WooHoo! 2 days in a row! So far the pain is not any worse than usual!