Help with goals!

Options
Can someone help me set my goals for someone who wants to lose weight that has high blood pressure, and high cholesterol issues. And anxiety too

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Set up Your stats in MFP, set loss to 1 lb per week, then see what it gives you for calories. Get a good s ale, weigh and log all your food. Use the first week as a baseline, don’t worry about calories, then start working toward your calorie goals in week 2. Start walking 10 min per day, and add 5 min each week or as you’re able.
    What has your doctor told you about BP, cholesterol, and anxiety?
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have had high blood pressure in the past.

After reading the British Blood pressure association website I took on board it's advice at the time, which was to aim for as much fruit and veg as possible, ideally 12 portions a day. Can't remember the science now as to why it's helpful.
    I found it helped, my blood pressure came down so my Dr stopped worrying about it and I avoided medication.

Of course chat with Dr and do your own research, but it might be worth a try. It is unlikely to do any harm and may help towards weight loss goals.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Normally I manage my anxiety with regular exercise, and increased exercise for times of increased stress, but that's not working as well this year so I also:

1. Decreased news consumption
    2. Decreased caffeine
    3. Started therapy (remotely)
    4. Increased yoga
    5. Attempt meditation (I am very familiar with meditation but struggle mightily to get into the proper headspace where I am willing to attempt this.)