Mind set... It is so hard

blackonics
blackonics Posts: 7 Member
Hello all
I can not seem to get out of this mind set of needing to eat when its time to eat . Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do .

Replies

• BronTonRollyBeau
    BronTonRollyBeau Posts: 24 Member
    Yes and also forgetting to eat at times. I really need to rethink how to be accountable
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    There IS no certain time to eat. You can eat 5 meals a day or 1 meal a day. Weight loss/gain/maintenance relies on whether you are in deficit/surplus/equal to your TDEE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • coffeerose55
    coffeerose55 Posts: 33 Member
    I eat 5 small a day and that seems to hold me but I do look forward to that meal. As a mature woman I know metabolism slows but my question to you ninerbuff . Weight loss is not impossible for older folks if they exercise and be in that calorie deficit correct?
    It is good to see current activity. I was beginning to wonder if anyone communicated here:)
    Thank you
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    I eat 5 small a day and that seems to hold me but I do look forward to that meal. As a mature woman I know metabolism slows but my question to you ninerbuff . Weight loss is not impossible for older folks if they exercise and be in that calorie deficit correct?
    It is good to see current activity. I was beginning to wonder if anyone communicated here:)
    Thank you
    Correct. I've had several clients over 60+ lose weight as long as they are in a calorie deficit. They exercised with me mostly because they wanted to make sure they don't hurt themselves or do movements incorrectly. It's one thing to look at a video. It's another to be able to actually perform it correctly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,963 Member
    @coffeerose55
    I lost 75 lbs after turning 60. I found walking 10K steps, per Dr’s orders, made all the difference.

At various times along the weight loss & maintenance journey, I ate 3 meals, 4 meals, 2 meals & 3 snacks, etc.

Wishing you luck!
    Maddie