for those of you that have trouble with bingeing...

Options
2»

Replies

• micheleg7
    micheleg7 Posts: 34
    Options
    YAY to not buying that bag of chips!
  • sherrie22
    Options
    i know what you mean. i only joined this site a few days ago but reading all of your posts i can finally identify with other people. since having my daughter five years ago i felt so isolated. during pregnancy my weight doubled and i only lost a very small amount of it in the months after her birth. now my teenage sis lives with me too and life is hectic. :ohwell:

at the end of the day my daughter goes to bed, my sis stays at her b/f house and i have my time. the problem with 'my time' is, i seem to associate bingeing with relaxing and having a treat. only it doesnt stop at one little treat, and its on an almost nightly basis. i guess you could say i'm stuck in a rut. :sad:

after watching a movie or doing whatever it is have have decided to do that night i look around and see the empty crisp packet, the cola bottle, the chocolate wrapper and then i feel consumed by guilt. disgusted with myself i resolve to do better the following day.

i love fruit and veg. i really anjoy cooking too. eating properly during the day isnt a problem for me. since joining this site i sit every night reading the things people have posted, then when i go to pick up that packet of crisps, or chocolate bar, or bottle of cola it doesnt seem as appealing any more. i want to do this so badly and i know bingeing is my problem. any advise will be greatfully recieved :smile:

thank you all so much. best of luck to every one xx :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jszevery
    jszevery Posts: 17
    Options
    I have a toddler, who naps for 2-3 hours a day. Since I try to give her a good example, I only eat healthy when she is around. So, I have been bingeing during naptime. I sit on the couch, rest, and eat the crap.

I gained 35 pounds in 5 months. I joined a gym at Thanksgiving, and since that time I have been able to maintain my weight. But, I haven't lost any.

I know I must stop bingeing at naptime. But, I feel trapped because I can not leave the house (to go to the store or even take a walk) all I can do is wait for her to wake up.

How do I stop???? I do not want to buy a pair of size 14 pants...I just don't.:explode:

I love the forgiveness info. Is there more info out there?
  • jukramer
    jukramer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    jszevery -
    You are me! My daughter just turned 2, and I binge when she is napping. When I'm with her I eat very healthy meals. I always thought that when she was born, I would change my eating habits for life. Well, I have somewhat, but when she's not around, I sneak the junk in!
    Also, I lost 15 pounds on this site in the fall. I somehow, and I mean I don't know how it happened, gained back all of it. I then went into a period of self-loathing and pity, and gained another 5. I have started to exercise more and eat better again, but the bingeing is what's killing me.
    It's hard when you can't leave because the food keeps calling. I feel trapped as well.
    So, I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but I know EXACLTLY how you feel. You are not alone.
  • jszevery
    jszevery Posts: 17
    Options
    naptime is so hard!
  • micheleg7
    Options
    It sounds like we need to start a Bingeing Buddies daily thread!! Maybe we can post to each other, when things are hard, when we're feeling driven to binge. Whether it's Naptime or in the evenings or whenever. What do you all think?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Works for me...greart idea:heart: ... can't wait until Mike implements the seperate groups that'll be very cool!
    FC:heart:
  • micheleg7
    Options
    FC will the groups be kind of like the ones on Spark People, with individual groups that you have to join? That will kind of be nice!

So, shall I start the Bingeing Buddies thread in the morning? Whatcha think?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    FC will the groups be kind of like the ones on Spark People, with individual groups that you have to join? That will kind of be nice!

So, shall I start the Bingeing Buddies thread in the morning? Whatcha think?
    I don't know for sure exactly what He has on His mind but something like that would be awesome, this is now becoming a board with many many interests and I can see where that would be a really great asset for the community!:drinker:

Sure I think a thread would be great... I think perhaps if we can pull together the other folks on the other binge thread that would super as well.

FC:heart: