dropping pants sizes seems to take forever

Options
i am only trying to drop 2 pants sizes. i am a 10 and want to be a 6. i have 20 lb to lose, have lost 5. in the past, i have to lose about 15 lb before seeing a drop in size. seems like it comes so easy to everyone else. or i see people with higher weights that wear smaller sizes than i do. wonder if i just have a higher percentage of fat and lower percentage of muscle. maybe by doing some of the strength training i will see the pant sizes drop faster. at least this is my hope. before i just did cardio and stayed away from strength training.

Replies

• DakLady
    Options
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD ASK TO SEE THE SIZE TAG SEWN INTO THE WHAT THEY SAY IS A SMALL SIZE,,OR MAYBE DIFFERENT BRAND THAN YOU HAVE..:smile:
  • ChrisInCali
    Options
    It's different for everyone. I pretty much stay in a size 12 most of my life, even if I fluctuate 10 lbs (i'm 5 foot 9). The only time I got down to a size 10 and some size 8's was several years ago I dropped 30 lbs while I went back to school and wasn't eating much. I see the size fluctuations in tv ads for some women are so drastic over just 30 to 50 lbs, but never has been that way for me. The size (or tag on your pants) is just a number, go by how you feel, is what I say! :smile:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's easy. Just go out and buy a nice pair of pants in your current size. They will be too big in 2-3 weeks. That's what I did. Big waste of money. (But I needed them for 2 receptions. Had no choice.)
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    i seem to drop a dress size every stone i loose
  • ohmissemily
    ohmissemily Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    your not alone sweetness, i have to drop between 40-50 lbs to drop down from a simple 20- to an 18. its bugs. im still stuck in my size 20s so its ohkay. good things come for those who wait.
  • jridgway49
    Options
    I've lost 33 lbs went from sz 12 to sz 4/6 and top 1X to M, it seems like i would buy something and before I wore it is was too big, I guess it is different for everyone..
  • r0gu3
    r0gu3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i've lost more than 50lbs and am still wearing the same size jeans. Granted they are a little looser, but not going to a smaller size just yet. Im not too upset though, i lost the *chunckies* above and below my waistline. But the actual waistline is still the same LOL.
    Hang in there!