Who else loves Turkey Carcass Soup😃

Options
DonnasJourney0805
DonnasJourney0805 Posts: 75 Member
edited December 2020 in Food and Nutrition
Good day for taking down Christmas Decorations and a Crock-Pot of Turkey Noodle Soup.. it's cold in Florida🥶😂pnfx7jly4uja.jpeg

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    I just made stock from my goose carcass. Planning to use it for porcini risotto.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Looks yummy! It's pretty nice in Chicago (which means 30 degrees F, no snow and not much wind).

I have no carcass. I actually never do any kind of bird for Christmas, bc we normally do turkey for Thanksgiving (some day I might do goose for Christmas, as that does intrigue me). I'm a weirdo who likes plain turkey (mainly breast) better than anything made with turkey (sandwiches, soup, etc.), but I do whole roasted chicken a lot and make stock and I totally would with turkey if I had made it recently. I also get turkey back and neck and such cheap from a farm from which I buy other meat and use it for stock.

(We had venison for Thanksgiving and seafood for Christmas Eve and pork tenderloin for Christmas. Today has been leftover clam linguine and pork tenderloin and beet and apple salad.)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    I either make broth from turkey bones (and strain out the meat & bones) or use the bones to make a turkey congee (and toss the bones but leave the meat in).
  • acpgee
    Options
    Porcini risotto made with stock from the carcass of the Xmas goose.
    lfjf3sk9wwc5.jpeg
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    We did a ham, so ham soup this time around.

For Thanksgiving we did turkey, and made the leftovers and carcass into turkey pho that was just killer. I'm usually not a big fan of turkey soups, but all the fresh stuff in the pho made it really, really, really good.

I would have suggested (and shopped for and cooked) it for the ham, but my wife has a recipe she really likes and I didn't want to take that from her being it's kind of a family tradition thing for her.

But the turkey noodle and the risotto both look really good as well. More ideas for the next bird!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Hey we are having a ham based soup too!

Having pea soup and a cheese biscuit for lunch made from the leftovers from Xmas Eve. We had ham, mushy peas and cheese biscuits.

I want to get a Chinese takeaway tonight, because I am getting tired of anything that tastes like Xmas.
    4gh7nzsvo8bf.jpeg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i usually do with turkey or chicken carcass.

if I don't toss it outside for the chickens to have LOL (they love it, the little cannibalistic neanderthals LOL)