Time to get real about my food

Options
Hello all,

I am a long-time member, but I have never used this community space before. Like many, the quarantine weight is creeping up on me. I am a dietetic intern, and the good/bad thing about that is I know how to manage my food intake, but I haven't taken the steps to really make change until now. COVID quarantine really sapped my motivation and forced me to sit at my desk too much, and it's starting to show. In 2021, I want a fresh start, and I aim to get back to a healthy weight as I take on my new role as a registered dietitian.

Thanks for welcoming me to your community.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! There’s a ton of great info in here. Have you checked out the Most Helpful stickied threads at the top of each forum? They’re gold!
  • Drex_617
    Drex_617 Posts: 153 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hello all,

I am a long-time member, but I have never used this community space before. Like many, the quarantine weight is creeping up on me. I am a dietetic intern, and the good/bad thing about that is I know how to manage my food intake, but I haven't taken the steps to really make change until now. COVID quarantine really sapped my motivation and forced me to sit at my desk too much, and it's starting to show. In 2021, I want a fresh start, and I aim to get back to a healthy weight as I take on my new role as a registered dietitian.

Thanks for welcoming me to your community.

It’s our day to day living that makes us happy, and same for conquering goals.. set a goal today and kick that goals butt today.. then tomorrow set a goal for that day..

If you kick butt most of those days you’ll find you’ve made amazing progress..

Good luck! You have it in you to do anything
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I understand where you're coming from. I also know what I'm supposed to be doing/eating, but I feel like I've gone to self-sabatoging in high stress (which has become a more regular occurrence). I know I am much better than this, and if I don't regain control soon, I'm going to be beating myself up when I don't do so well on my first HalfIronman in September, I know it's a ways a way, but I want to go into training strong and with less weight so I can nail it. It will be my first and only (unless there are very unexpected reasons beyond my control that prevent a finish)

Just writing that does make me feel better.
    I do like the daily goal suggestion. In the past I would make monthly challenges for my self, such as daily yoga each day for a month, or daily planks another month.
  • PickyPantry
    PickyPantry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Drex_617 for your positivity and support :smile: You're right about goal setting 100%.

I am glad to hear that just clearing the air can make you feel better @SwtHedgehog and the self-sabotage struggle can be so real with everything going on in the world right now. If I can be of any help to either of you, please reach out. We're on our seperate journeys together!
  • Unfadedz
    Unfadedz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i recently joined too, this app is helping me form a lifestyle. Who knew
  • PickyPantry
    PickyPantry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Unfadedz wrote: »
    Welcome, i recently joined too, this app is helping me form a lifestyle. Who knew

Awesome! Stick with it... so far, people on here seem pretty cool. :)