simultaneous cardio and resistance

What do you think about Spinning and doing upper body (using a resistance band) at the same time. Should they be done individually? I notice my heart rate shoots up even though my legs tend to slow down.

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I would focus on spinning and improve your cardio. It's an awesome workout. After spinning I would do strength training.

• And I would do the opposite. I tend to do strength training first in order to get the heart rate up and then do the cardio. I find that I'm not as exhausted and can do more. I now run consistently 3 miles a clip on the treadmill.
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Hmm interesting views...it takes more energy for me to do cardio so perhaps I should do that first so I can put my all into it?
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member
    If you do bands and bike at the same time, can I come to the gym and take a picture?? :) I kid, I kid...

"Prevailing wisdom" says to do 5-10 minute warm-up, strength training, then cardio. Then there's a person like me who really can't get into a lift session until my heart rate has been bumped up at least twice through cardio. Further, I'm much more tight if I don't get in decent cardio prior to lifting. But thats just me...

But if you want killer resistance AND cardio... swimming!
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Hehe luckily for me my bike is at home. This would be quite the sight at the gym ;)