NOT LOSING!!!!!!

Options
OK I am consistantly under my calorie limit (100-200 or so) walking 4-5 days a week at 3 MPH and haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks . My "monthly Friend" was here last week - so I was counting on a great weight lost this week - but NOTHING !!!!!!

any ideas - feeling really discouraged here-

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What's your sodium intake like? Are you eating back exercise calories? Drinking your water?
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    why eat under your limit...maybe adding those few hundred cals might boost your metabolism...drink lots and lots of water too!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    OK I am consistantly under my calorie limit (100-200 or so) walking 4-5 days a week at 3 MPH and haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks . My "monthly Friend" was here last week - so I was counting on a great weight lost this week - but NOTHING !!!!!!

any ideas - feeling really discouraged here-

Instead of just walking, try doing a sprint as fast as you can for as long as you can, then jog or power walk to catch your breath, then sprint again, repeat the cycle for 20-30 mins.
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    i am feeling a bit like that too :(
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    hard to tell what your eating looks like with your diary not open to public :ohwell:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Hard to give advice when your food diary is closed. If you open it, we can see what may be going wrong. It's often as much about types of foods as it is about total calories. Are you eating lean protein cooked in a healthy way (baked, broiled, grilled), fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains? Or are there a lot of processed foods, simple sugars and starches?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Are you netting close to 1200 calories a day? If not, eat more. Ideally whole grains, protein, fruits & veg.

Otherwise open your diary for us to really take a look.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Totally having the same issue. 3 weeks, no loss :( I'm hoping when I do my measurements tomorrow I'll see some change. Just keep at it, it'll come off. Try switching up your workout, might confuse your body enough to get it going again.
  • AmyS79
    Options
    I believe you need to eat more caloires!! when I stop losing weight I take one day and have a cheat day I guess then the next day Im right back on track and when I weigh in I have lost weight.. As much as your working out I believe you need to eat those calories back
  • sweetyJ
    Options
    Sometimes it is tough and could just be a plateau. That was me 2 weeks ago. Partly I get too stressed cause I am weighing myself daily.... I was about to quit, and then all of a sudden, I lost 2 lbs in one day (and it didn't creep up for the next couple of days). =P Don't give up!
  • fit_nyc
    Options
    there's too many possible factors. you'll need to share more info. if you want some advice.
  • barbinbmore
    barbinbmore Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you're eating out or buying a lot of pre-packaged meals, they have a lot of hidden calories. I just saw a TV report on this. Chipotle has approx. 200 more calories per meal than they list and so on. Its not just them, its all commercially prepared foods including the diet ones as well. Also, salty foods will make you retain water and that means you won't see much movement on the scale, as well as not drinking enough water (I did this). Last but not least, try not to eat too late at night. That always seems to mess me up. Good luck!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Do a real workout.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    All I can tell you is NEVER EVER EVER give up. It's normal to hit plateaus. You may be stuck at the same weight for a month, but your not gaining, right? Exercise more, eat better, and keep a very positive attitude. If it makes you feel any better, I just came off a plateau that I was stuck on for 4 weeks. I didn't give up and then lost 3 more pounds. So don't give up!
  • rryanhnl
    Options
    But what is going on (inside your body) if you are in calorie deficit, and working out and you're not losing weight? I am actually staying the same weight but clothes are getting looser, belt smaller. But still have 15-20lbs to go, to get back to the weight I was in the pic.

As an aside, I actually reduce the calories burned from exercise because I don't believe the counts given me.
  • lalibits
    lalibits Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I am dedicaded to loosing weight, I work out minimum 5 days a week, but my probleme is sweets. How can I get the cravings out of my systeme and my head. I can eat well all day, but having one day a week of cheating is almost impossible for me. I really need some tricks or advice.
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Try eating a little more for a couple of days, if you are close to the 1200 min limit and you eat 200 under then you are actually starving your body of nutrtion, and it's response will be to hold on to as much weight as possible by losing lean muscle mass and reducing your BMR. Eat close to your guide, or even increase it by 50 or 100 calories.