Change eating style

Options
Hello im Lisa new on here. Im looking to lose at least 40 lbs. Im on a high protein diet low carb. Just about all our food have alot of carbs, sugars and fats. I basically have to be strict and change the way i eat.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Fill up on veggies and fiber!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Hello im Lisa new on here. Im looking to lose at least 40 lbs. Im on a high protein diet low carb. Just about all our food have alot of carbs, sugars and fats. I basically have to be strict and change the way i eat.

Is there a particular reason for low carb? Unless you have a health reason (such as diabetes) to lower carbs, it isn’t necessary for weight loss. Only eating in a deficit is.
  • lisa1225anne
    lisa1225anne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have pre diabetes and fatty liver
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Pre diabetes can often just be changed by eating better and losing weight. I was pre diabetic and did not go low carb and now my blood sugars are completely normal since I no longer eat PILES of sweets (I just work them into a diet that is less calories than I need to maintain). Also, low carb would mean you need to eat more protein/fat and increasing your fat is not a good idea with fatty liver.

I would consult with your doctor to see which options would be best considering your health conditions.
  • lisa1225anne
    lisa1225anne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes i did see my doctor just after losing 30lbs. Im so happy. The bloodwork came back. Im no longer a pre diabetic but i will continue to cut the sugar.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Carbs, fats, and sugars aren't inherently bad -- yes, in that there are only 3 macronutrients most foods do have carbs or fats (2 of the 3), and carbs and fats are our energy sources (protein is important too, of course, but you wouldn't want a diet low in both fat and carbs, that's rabbit starvation). Many high nutrient foods like fruits have lots of inherent sugars, also.

Nutrition is important, but involves more than a focus on macros and shouldn't involve demonizing any macros. (I'm low-ish carb, but know carbs aren't all the same or bad, just on average easy for me to cut. Low nutrient foods high in cals, and usually high in fat and carbs are of course good to minimize.)

Most people can improve their health (if overweight) just by losing weight.