Does anyone have fatty liver??

Options
Its been a struggle to lose weight going through mennapause and having fatty liver. Pounds transformation has been helping me. Since september 2020. I lost about 20 pounds with the help of adding pentermenn weight loss drug and eating no carbs...only 10 percent and no sugar. High protein diet but now my liver function test the ALT is even higher than 2 months ago. I thought bt losing the 20 pounds my liver enzymes would go down back to normal. My recent lab the ALT is 72. It should be below 29. I had a ultrsound of my liver and my doctor said everything looks normal. I also did labwork for Hepititest B & C and those tests were normal. I wonder if my ALT liver test is high because im on a high protein diet to burn more fat???

Replies

• lisa1225anne
    lisa1225anne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My fatty liver is a result of being over weight. Since i lost 30 lbs i will have blood work done again to review the ALT levels. Hopefully they will be normal. I also have to make sure i restrict fat. Go with fat free foods.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My fatty liver is a result of being over weight. Since i lost 30 lbs i will have blood work done again to review the ALT levels. Hopefully they will be normal. I also have to make sure i restrict fat. Go with fat free foods.

@lisa1225anne I hope your test results are much better since your loss!!!
  • lisa1225anne
    Options

@lisa1225anne I hope your test results are much better since your loss!!!

• lisa1225anne
    Options
    Me too!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    My enzymes are high too...Last ALT was 44 and AST was 52.
    I'm not overweight (actually underweight).

I'm trying to lower my consumption of artificial sweeteners (hard for me to do though)/lower carbs and increase the 'good' fats (more Omega 3's).

Insulin resistance is something to research/low carb diets etc.,

Good luck to you 🙂

• rufxpiru
    rufxpiru Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with a fatty liver and just rejoined My fitness pal because my doctor told me I have to lose 20 to 30 pounds UGH!!! I asked my doctor what causes this and she said it can be a combination of overweight, Type two diabetes and hi blood pressure which I have all three! Looks like the only thing I will be eating is lettuce and cardboard!!!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    rufxpiru wrote: »
    I was just diagnosed with a fatty liver and just rejoined My fitness pal because my doctor told me I have to lose 20 to 30 pounds UGH!!! I asked my doctor what causes this and she said it can be a combination of overweight, Type two diabetes and hi blood pressure which I have all three! Looks like the only thing I will be eating is lettuce and cardboard!!!

Perhaps look into a Mediterranean diet - whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, seeds, and olive oil. Include modest amounts of fish, poultry, eggs, certain cheeses, and yogurt - avoid red meat. Don't consume: deli meats, hot dogs, sausages, cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, ice cream and other desserts, or sugary drinks - processed trans fats such as margarine, refined oils (soy, cottonseed, and canola), and processed foods that contain those oils.

• lisa1225anne
    Options
    rufxpiru wrote: »

• lisa1225anne
    Options
    You dont have to live on just salad. Watch your carbs, no sugar and high protein lean meats. Log everything. It gets better trust me.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My understanding is that sat fat can actually be bad for fatty liver (recent discussion on the Sigma Nutrition podcast), and sometimes low carb involves more sat fat. I'm lower carb myself (although I do watch sat fat), but that might be something to look at, as well as fiber.
  • lisa1225anne
    Options
    Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver ...My Dr. said it is because I have been overweight for so long with a sedentary lifestyle ... I have lost 44 lbs so far and I am now pre diabetic instead of type 2 diabetic .... I am going back on strict Keto (I had upped my carbs a few months ago and I am eating things that is causing headaches/migraines ..
  • Rocoup
    Rocoup Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have fatty everything