My roadie is a Specialized Roubaix
I've got a Jamis Quest locked into the trainer

Trail bike is a Yeti 575
SingleSpeed is a Surly 1x1

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Oh man how I wanted the Specialized Roubaix! Way out of my budget. I should never have test rode it!

So I just have one bike, a Marin roadie. I'm hoping it will serve well for my first tri (a sprint).
  • quayleman
    quayleman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Road: I ride a POS, I mean a KHS 2004 Flite 500
    http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2004&Brand=KHS&Model=Flite+500&Type=bike

I'm a beginner looking to get cardio workouts on top of playing racquetball.

And I relate to your view of yourself in the mirror.
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do indoor cycling but would love to try the real deal outside. I'm interested to see the replies
  • ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a Univega mountain bike, had if for about 10 years now. No clue what model etc, as I got it as a gift from my Dad who is a serious cyclist and wanted to get me interested in the sport. I take it out once in a while (last week I did!) but am more of a spin chick :-)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I have a Trek 7.5fx that is hnaging out until my daughter is old enough to have it. I recently upgraded to a Trek 2.1 WSD. She is my Sexy B!tch and I can't wait to ride her hard tomorrow morning.

21wsd.jpg
  • daves160
    Options
    I ride a Giant TCR1 Composite on the road and a Kona Cindercone on the trail.
    Cycling is by far the best cardio workout I know. Low impact and awesome scenery while doing it. ...and it never gets boring.
  • papergogetter
    Options
    Trail on a Diamond Back Sorrento. I started a couple of months ago. Now I'm hooked,lol. I ride 4 to 5 times a week. I can do about 13 miles in 55 mins depending on the wind. I know rookie times but I am working towards better. Mann I Love my bike.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I take spin classes but I really want to get a bike...maybe next year.
    interested in what everyone has though....use for future reference :)
  • aebuchan
    aebuchan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use mine to commute to work. But its a Raleigh Talus 29er, with knobblies on it.
    I will probably switch to slicks when its time to replace the tires that came with it.
    I did put toe clips on a week ago and man they are great.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Specialized Allez w/ PD Jammer GT

I told myself I'd get a tri bike once I commit to doing HIM distance or more, so I'm looking to get a FIST fit in the near future and go from there.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ive got a Redline Flight Pro 24 BMX and a KHS SJ200 Dirt/Jump bike.

I love MTB trails and urban riding.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Well?

My tri bike is Cervelo P2
    My roadie is a Specialized Roubaix
    I've got a Jamis Quest locked into the trainer

Trail bike is a Yeti 575
    SingleSpeed is a Surly 1x1

Good gravy, that's a big investment!!

My road bike is a Trek 2200 - my mountain bike is an old Trek 930.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I ride a trek 7.6 FX It's a high end hybrid / low end road bike with straight handle bars

and a 9,000 LB steel / lead Walmart Mongoose for MTB
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Quintana Roo Tequilo for tri
    Lemond Reno for road
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR for trail
    15 year old Gary Fisher Aquila for bread & creamer

Next bike will be a SS w/ dual hub (fixed and free)
  • deebauer145
    deebauer145 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Road bike - I just upgrade last week from a Trek 2.3 to a Trek Madone 5.2
    Hybrid - Gary Fisher Monona
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Road: 2008 Cannondale Synapse

Funnin around: 1984 Schwinn Traveler, 1982 Schwinn World, 1999 Easy Racers Tour Easy

Upcoming this October: 2012 Giant Talon 29er 0 (will be my first mountain bike)

Stay safe, yall!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    2007 Specialized Roubaix on the road and a 2010 Giant XTC-1 on trails. Love 'em both!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Oh man how I wanted the Specialized Roubaix! Way out of my budget. I should never have test rode it!

I bought a Specialized Roubaix in March of 2010. It was an 09 that they were clearing out. Got it at half price. Within a month, the frame cracked, so they replaced the frame. This past spring, the new frame got a crack in the same place. So, now I am riding a 2011 Roubaix Pro SL3. It is a great ride.

If you do buy a carbon bike, buy it new. They have a lifetime warranty to the original owner. It cost a new chain and bar tape for the upgrade.

My other bike is a 15 year old Novara from REI. I used it to cycle Europe with packs three summers ago. Plan on taking it back once the kids are out of college.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This summer I bought a GT Nomad 2.0 7005 Series. That being said, I can't tell you crap about it, lol, except that I've built up a trust with my local bike shop, so I listened to what they said was good. It rides smooth and I love it! lol
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options

I bought a Specialized Roubaix in March of 2010. It was an 09 that they were clearing out. Got it at half price. Within a month, the frame cracked, so they replaced the frame. This past spring, the new frame got a crack in the same place. So, now I am riding a 2011 Roubaix Pro SL3. It is a great ride.

If you do buy a carbon bike, buy it new. They have a lifetime warranty to the original owner. It cost a new chain and bar tape for the upgrade.

My other bike is a 15 year old Novara from REI. I used it to cycle Europe with packs three summers ago. Plan on taking it back once the kids are out of college.

Got to agree. I bought my Roubaix as the 09's were coming out and it is a 07. I traded my old bike so I got out for a very reasonable investment. My lbs now has a wide selection of last years models (Giant, Masi, Jamis) priced to go. I have done very well buying used bikes, but as noted above used carbon is always a risk, you can't see potenial flaws.