Starting over. Again.

Options
Right. 2020, you've been a right pain. I've gained back at least half of what I lost in 2019 - it's my own doing. Working from home, free lunches, junk food, buying then binning anything remotely healthy. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
Goal - lose 1 stone, ideally by March (supposed to be going away. Supposed - can see it being rearranged. But it's something to aim for).
How - move. 7500 steps per day target - or half hour wii/bike if getting outside isn't possible. Long walks on the weekend
How - eating less. Target 3/4 of the food I was eating - portion sizes have been creeping up, 50g of pasta becoming 75 becoming 100 becoming 'there's 300g between 2'
How - better snacks. No more kitkats, Toblerones or 'it's only one (family sized) bar of chocolate. Pack a lunch and snacks based on lots of colour, textures and flavours.

I can do this. I've done it before and I'll do it again. For good this time.

Replies

• cocoloca7890
    cocoloca7890 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I am in the same boat. I have gained around 5kgs in the last 3 months and been feeling utterly unhappy every time I see myself in the mirror.
    I also want to target the same amount of weight loss in the the next 2-3 months. Looking for an accountability buddy with the same goals. Let me know if you want to partner up.

(25, Female) here.
  • cocoloca7890
    cocoloca7890 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here are my how's -
    • Reducing portion size
    • HIIT/ strength training twice a week or every 3 days.
    • Step count target 8k
    • Cutting out all junk
  • amyrose942
    amyrose942 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat. Lost two stone last year and put it all back on again. My goal is to lose about four stone by walking a mile on the treadmill initially then uping it to two three etc to whatever I can do at a time. Also going to cut my calories down and eat more fruit and veg with each meal
    Feel free to add me if you like to keep each other motivated 35yr female Uk
  • lynnesmith2020
    lynnesmith2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All, happy new year!
    I’m in the same boat, not enough time to exercise I’ll just have this to eat! Whole Chocolate orange later 🤦‍♀️
    It’s my wedding in 10 weeks if all goes ahead and need to lose at least 1.5 stone by then.
    Need some ideas?
    As we all have said we have down this before and can do it again! Xx
  • Li10upnow
    Li10upnow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! We can all do this, logging every meal and moving more....as I sit on the couch typing....
  • Jo_Poland_NZ
    Jo_Poland_NZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m starting over again too. The last time I lost weight seriously I used MFP but the forums seemed a bit anonymous. That was in 2012.

Since then I’ve got as far as losing around 5kg of the 20 kg I need to lose. Many times. Just a zig zag on the graph for years.

I think the missing thing is someone to do it with, to both encourage me and so I don’t feel like I am letting the team down, which is quite a motivator for me.

That’s around 10 lb and 40 lb. (NZ went decimal when I was about 20 so I grew up with stones and pounds and spent about twenty years converting back in my head!)

This group seems like you are on the same page as me. 68 yr female New Zealand.
  • Jo_Poland_NZ
    Jo_Poland_NZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    And since lockdowns last March started I’ve been exercising intermittently but eating badly and slowly gaining.

I need to stop the snacks , especially at night, reduce intake and exercise daily.

I got a little rowing machine after the first lockdown because I have bad lungs do can’t safely go to the gym any more.