Has anyone noticed (or not noticed) that after a nap...

You're not hungry or not as hungry as you'd expect to be if you didn't have the nap?

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Yes. Sometimes cravings come because I’m tired rather than hungry so a power nap can be a good option. I’d normally have a cup of coffee and then nap, waking up just around when the caffeine hits.

For more situation triggered cravings (see candy want candy) any 10-15 min distraction can help get me through.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    No (I rarely nap), but it seems logical. Fatigue can signal one's body to seek energy (i.e. food) to fight the fatigue, so hunger happens. Nap reduces fatigue.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I can’t remember the last time I took a nap outside of if I’m sick (I napped a lot last March when I got the coronavirus but that was for a week or so and only when my fever was high).

That said, I agree with Ann. If I’m fatigued from lack of sleep and COULD nap but don’t have time to do so, I feel hungry. Your body is triggering you to eat to get the energy it requires to keep pushing. If you nap instead, you will be less fatigued and not require those calories to push through.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I nap all the time... love naps. When I don't get my nap I do have extra hunger.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yeah, hunger is often a response to sleepiness, as Ann said, so although I haven't noticed it, it makes sense.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,322 Member
    I’m the opposite. When I wake up from a nap I am STARVING. Probably because I snooze in the afternoon if I have the luxury of time to do so, and so I miss a snack 🤣🤣
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Yes, I've noticed this too. I can not eat all day, be starving, come home and be so exhausted I don't feel like eating so I take a nap and then wake up feeling full. After an hour or two I will get hungry again, but I definitely feel like it blunts my hunger for a bit.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hmmm... I seem to be the opposite. Being tired tends to make me nauseated. When I have a good nap or a good night's sleep, I wake up ravenous!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I can go to sleep at the end of the day actually, physically, hungry and not having eaten in hours. I wake up with my appetite gone. It's great, though it will absolutely come roaring back the second I start eating so I can only push that so far.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    honestly not really, BUT the days I didn't get enough sleep at night I'm definitely way hungrier than usual