bump
  • losemybabyweight
    losemybabyweight Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for all of the great links
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    How do yall do on coupons for HEALTHY food?

Thats the problem. There are no coupons for fresh produce, lean meats, ect. Eating healthy isnt cheap.

Very true - coupons for produce and meat are few and far between - but don't let this discourage you. If you have an Aldi anywhere close - they often have lower prices on produce. Also - if you are saving money by price matching and couponing on health/beauty and staple items - it doesn't hurt quite as much to pay full price for the produce, etc.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My daughter dose it,she has 5 kids and is a stay at home mom. she save on everything and her kids eat heathy and she cooks at home alot. she cuts coupons and also she gets them in the mail from marsh and Kroger. she also dose the price matching shopping and for other than food she use's the internet alot. but all of that is very time consuming.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    One thing I plan on keeping in mind while couponing is to only use the coupon on something I would normally buy.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    i do it a lot. I use coupons foe everything. You use your coupons to get discounts on your health / beauty / home care needs. The you you can use in store savings coupons to buy your lean meats and veggies. Couponing is fun.
  • olpbabe
    Options
    Ooh, thanks for info!
  • ennaejay
    Options
    bump.

We don't get the Sunday paper anymore -

Where are some good sites/resources for coupons? Do y'all go directly to Redplum or SmartSource's sites?
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    How do yall do on coupons for HEALTHY food?

thats my problem! never for anything i'd eat!

If anyone knows how to save on healthier things, please advise!! :flowerforyou:

Same here! My husband and I just had this convo he asked why I don't use coupons more often I replied because they aren't for the things I buy or that we eat. I'm not going to buy something just because I have a coupon! I suppose I should take advantage of the cleaning supply ones etc but I wish they would make healthy things more affordable!!

I've got coupons for organic foods, meats and dairy. Granted they aren't as common as the junk food ones; but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't even cut coupons for junk food, that way I'm not tempted to buy it. I save the most money with coupons on household & personal items- we all (or most of us) use toilet paper, paper towels, soap (generally free), shampoo, razors (get the $10 razors for $1 or 2), toothpaste (I never pay for toothpaste and all I use is Crest), toothbrushes (also usually free), deodorant (free to .50), feminine hygiene items, and so on. I also get laundry detergent (only buy Tide and get good deals), Downy, Lysol, Clorox wipes, toilet bowl cleaner, Febreeze, Windex, Dusting Spray and etc. On the food, most of us use condiments and basics that there are coupons for. Things like mustard (free), mayo or miracle whip ($1 a jar for brand name), ketchup, olive oil, brown rice, dry beans, frozen vegetables, whole grain breads, healthy cereals, granola, and dairy products. I also have a baby and get Pampers & Huggies Diapers for $3 a bag (typically $9.99 a bag). I get formula coupons and can get the premixed formula for free to $2.97 (my baby is on the most expensive hypoallergenic stuff, so it's usually $7.97 a premixed can or $26 for a small can of powder, versus the $4.99 for regular premixed cans and $13 small can of regular powder formula.) I buy Gerber baby food for about 1/2 of retail. You name it, you can usually find a coupon for it or at least a good deal. It's all about how you do it and most people, even when eating healthy, can save a lot of money with coupons. One of my favorite things to do for produce is go to the farmers market (or a local health food store that carries local produce) and buy, it's generally cheaper, healthier and fresher.

My mom couponed when I was young, so it was natural for me to do it once I was footing the bill. I'm a stay at home mom, so every bit helps, that way we can live frugally but well and debt free. I also coupon for clothes, my girls only wear Justice, but I always buy with a 40% off coupon and generally they have an additional 40% of clearance, which makes it cheaper than Wal-Mart or Target. I'm super organized with a binder full of coupons, and put probably 2 hours into coupons a week.
  • SweetTeaBlossom
    Options
    bumpy