Has anyone here had weight loss surgery?

Options
Hi--

I had lap band surgery Feb. 2009 and need to lose these last pounds. I am looking to friend people who have had any kind of weight loss surgery and still have weight to lose, no matter how much. Anyone out there?

Katherine

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My best friend had banding a few years ago. I'm trying to get her on MFP and join a group of Banders.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    search "lap band" and you'll find tons of people. Good Luck!!
  • melindaedwards1
    Options
    I had gasteric bypass February 2007. I lost over 170 lbs and maintained 150 lbs until I got really sick last year and my doctor had to do a reversal of my bypass due to I had a bunch of dead bowel and it made my new pouch diseased.

So now I am back to watching what I eat, portion control, discipline. I have creeped up to 185 over the last 10 months and would like to lose 20-30 lbs and maintain a healthy weight and food intake.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery in 12/2004. It saved my life. I went from 330 lbs to 165 lbs....so close to reaching my goal of 150 (my high school weight) Last year I gained back some of the weight. I went up to 206 lbs. I am working with a personal trainer to get my weight back down. Right now I am at 202 lbs and I am determined to lose these 37 lbs and get back to 165.
  • Sherry9109don
    Sherry9109don Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had gasteric bypass Mod switch surgery in nov 18 2020. Looking for friends and support with food goals and exercise goals