The special event i lost weight for is over...now what?!?!

Options
So, I lost the almost 20 pounds I wanted to lose for my cousin’s wedding that took place this past weekend. Since the wedding, I have gained 5 pounds back. I would love to lose the 5 pounds, plus the additional 10 I need to lose towards my initial goal of 30 pounds total. I am so afraid that now that the wedding is over, I will stop counting my calories. How do I find that motivation???

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    There is going to be a surprise wedding in your near future. I'm not going to tell you who's getting married, and I'm not going to tell you when. It's a surprise. You're in the wedding party. You will need be ready for you dress fitting at a moment's notice. Don't let us down!!!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    now you honor your body and keep it healthy :)
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    There is going to be a surprise wedding in your near future. I'm not going to tell you who's getting married, and I'm not going to tell you when. It's a surprise. You're in the wedding party. You will need be ready for you dress fitting at a moment's notice. Don't let us down!!!!

LOL, love this!! :happy: What she said! Don't let us down! :)
  • shesblossoming
    Options

Brilliant.

But for real, how good do you feel after losing weight and knowing that you've made your body stronger? That would be motivation enough for me.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    now you honor your body and keep it healthy :)

Rock on! I love this! I was going to say, continue the path of a healthy lifestyle. What about YOU...don't you want to be healhty for you, not just for occasions? :)
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You really need to find the motivation within yourself. It's not something that anyone else can give you. There has to be another reason or three that you want to lose the pounds you said you want to lose. Make a list. Post that list somewhere you will see it every day, like the bathroom mirror or the fridge.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    LMAO at Mickmelie's response! That is awesome!!! Probably will be true too. There is always another event. You had the gumption to lose twenty....which is very impressive. You have it in you, you can do it!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    The problem with losing weight for an event is that it's a one-time deal. You need to want to lose weight for your LIFE. You want to be slim and healthy for the rest of your days, don't you? Why on earth wouldn't you want that? So make that your new goal. When you reach your goal weight, find a new goal like lowering your body fat percentage, doing 200 pushups, or whatever sounds good to you. Never stop setting goals for yourself.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You already know what to do so just do it! You do want to do it don't you?

Good

'cos no-one else can do it for you
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    But there's always another event or goal, right? Plus, you have to feel fantastic to have been so successful so far! I know I started MFP to lose 10 pounds for a kayak camping trip. I did it, but it felt so good being lighter and eating healthy, I just kept going. Now I'm getting ready to go to my 25th high school reunion, and after that there's seeing my family at Christmas - always another goal. Can you maybe imagine how great you'd look in a skinny black dress while you're working out? That image pushes me further. :)
  • bibarra25
    Options
    Thanks everyone for those words of encouragement!! You are right!! I want to be heathy and i did lose the weight to be just that. I just needed to get my focus back!! Now, i'll prepare for that other surprise wedding!! LOL