Just moved to London 😭 seeking friends & lose covid weight 🀞

Options
Hey guys! I just moved to London in quite possibly the worst time ever. BUT I’m very happy to be here and not going to lose my motivations. I have no friends IRL yet, but that’s okay. New uk mfp friends welcome :) I really want to lose the weight I gained last year and start running (in the cold) We can do it!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hi @cheerocracy welcome to MFP, I am not UK currently but from there originally and live in the same time zone still and still shop at more or less the same stores (Republic of Ireland).

It's quite daunting moving to new cities, I've done it a few times. Meetup is a great app for meeting new people, there are usually social groups and activity related groups around sports, hiking, etc, though perhaps they may be less active whilst you're in Tier 4.
  • twiandra
    twiandra Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m just outside of London in Bucks and on a mission to lose 6 stone! I will add you now!
  • StephenHartley13
    StephenHartley13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome to London and tier 4. I’m here in the SW trying yo maintain weight / muscle with body weight exercise and no gym. Good news is, there are lots of running places, depending where you are I can recommend some. Lots of people running in London over the past year, so you will have lots of company. Best of look πŸ˜€
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year from the Tier 3 North!
  • sandrag2723
    sandrag2723 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from Swindon, Wiltshire. Feel free to add me 😊
  • D4NGmfp
    D4NGmfp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Swindon rules πŸ˜‚