Deleted Old Account. 90 lbs to go!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Ash. I just turned 22.

I used to be really active on my fitness pal until about 13 months ago. My mother unexpectedly passed away and I had stopped caring about my goals and health.

When I first started I weighed 260 lb and went down to 186 lb in 18 months and maintained for 6 months. Then my mom passed. I finally have started to go to therapy and I'm very unhappy with my health weight wise. I now weigh almost 290 lb. I've never weighed this much before and would love to have a bit of a support system in myfitnesspal.

I deleted my old account as I mentally needed a fresh start with it as seeing my old numbers is extremely discouraging. I'm hoping to lose 80-90 lb by 12/21. I plan to ultimately be around 140-150 depending on how I feel.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, my condolences @lunaac. I hear you about the account and its previous stats but welcome back, all the same. Now you can create fresh statistics, and new entries filled with the learnings you're getting with therapy, exercise, and nutrition.

It all sounds very exciting! What's your plan to get started this month?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your mother, but glad you are going to therapy and ready for a fresh start!

Please reach out to anyone here for extra help
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. You can achieve anything you put your mind to 💪🏽
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It's hard to lose your Mom. I hope you'll reach your goals. Best.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hey, Ash.

Oh, that breaks my heart. I'm so sorry about your mother.
    It's completely devastating when the earth itself falls out from under you.
    I'm so incredibly sorry that happened.
    I imagine, i would lose it in a similar manner. just collapse, go numb and have to come out of the haze slowly with therapy and love and support from people around me.

I'm glad you started therapy. I started therapy this past year too, due to some 2020 stresses that brought up past stresses lol but its incredibly helpful and i hope you have found some peace of mind through the therapy like i have.

Well, i'm glad i saw this post because i think you really are perfect for this group i just started.
    It's called the "New Year's Eve 2021 Challenge" group.

I'm in a similar situation weigh wise with you. I'm the heaviest i've ever been and its time to fix it.
    Join our group and i'm gonna work hard to keep us motivated all year.

I got
    monthly weigh ins lined up,
    daily discussions,
    weekly challenges,
    virtual events.

I really hope you join, i'd love to work together.
    Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115653-new-years-eve-2021-challenge

Namaste,
    Victoria
  • KayleeCST
    KayleeCST Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your mother's passing. You are so strong to share your story and I'm sure she would be so proud to see you trying to better yourself! I hope you're able to meet your goals. I wish you the best. I added you because I'd love to follow you on your journey, if you don't mind! <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,940 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss ... Glad you found your way back to MFP ....Please feel free to add me :) Wishing you much success :)
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    lunaanc wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Ash. I just turned 22.

I used to be really active on my fitness pal until about 13 months ago. My mother unexpectedly passed away and I had stopped caring about my goals and health.

When I first started I weighed 260 lb and went down to 186 lb in 18 months and maintained for 6 months. Then my mom passed. I finally have started to go to therapy and I'm very unhappy with my health weight wise. I now weigh almost 290 lb. I've never weighed this much before and would love to have a bit of a support system in myfitnesspal.

I deleted my old account as I mentally needed a fresh start with it as seeing my old numbers is extremely discouraging. I'm hoping to lose 80-90 lb by 12/21. I plan to ultimately be around 140-150 depending on how I feel.

Hi Ash,

Wow, it was like looking right in the mirror with this post. I also lost my mother round about your age, a few years ago and from then have piled on weight since. I'm looking to lose similar amount of weight as you are. I'm sorry you've also had to go through losing a parent, it's really painful, even more so when you are younger.. I don't see much information for young adults compared to losing in childhood or when they are elderly.. there never feels like a right time and people can only truly understand until it happens to them too. Feel free to respond back to this and add me, it would be great to have mutual support.
  • Sanzyd
    Sanzyd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am truly sorry for your loss Ash, losing a loved one must be one of life's hardest punches yet look at you refusing to let yourself be knocked out... Rooting for you all the way dear, you are stronger than you even realize. I hope you reach your goals. I sent you DM and a friend’s request, now sending you positive vibes. You've got this!
  • Csy4242
    Csy4242 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother 😞 I completely relate to you on the weight loss and gaining it back. I too am beginning my journey again. Wishing you the best! Feel free to add me to help keep each other accountable!