re: nothing happening

Options
Hi I'm Lennie. I have been on here since Monday with no results! The first day said I would loose 8 lbs in 5 weeks if I kept going,
then a few days later it said I'm not eating enough calories! (Which is how I thought I got to this size in the first placw lol) so
today I had more calories and the wight loss fell to 7 lbs in 5 weeks! I have C.O.P.D. so It can take longer but in 5 days something should have happened?? Now what to do?

Replies

• Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    5 days is way to early to expect results. Give your self at least a few weeks to a month to expect to see some changes. And not always will they be on the scale right away. It may be that your pants will start feeling looser and your losing inches.
    Don't get discouraged and give up cause no one will see results that quickly.
  • cyndigre
    cyndigre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Patience is all I can really say. People lose weight at a different pace. Just don't give up. Keep doing it and you will see results.
  • cyndigre
    cyndigre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Patience is all I can really say. People lose weight at a different pace. Just don't give up. Keep doing it and you will see results.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Real results will take time. You didn't gain the weight overnight, and it won't come off over night. Do what you know you need to do, and keep it up. Consistency is the key. Don't lose heart!
  • jkcurtis65
    Options
    Hi Lennie,
    I had the same thing happen to me for several weeks. I think I might have put my body into starvation mode by having too few calories (I was having 1000-1200 per day. My son suggested that I bump up the calories and I was nervous to do it but I decided to go up to 1500 calories. It still took some time but I am finally losing, albeit slow. Going with a higher calorie count has been better though as far as not feeling hungry and so I feel like I will be able to keep it up over time. Keep up the good work and it WILL pay off.
    Julie
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, 5 days is not necessarily long enough to see results. Bear in mind that you need to make changes that you can stick with for a long time or the weight may return. It takes time and commitment to see it come off. You can do it.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Nothing has happend in FOUR DAYS???? OH MY GOD!!!! You better quit.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It seems to me like you really only have two choices, be patient and keep at it or give up and go back to what got you where you are now.

It is so hard at the beginning and the more you have to lose, the longer you will have to wait to see results. Hang in there.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    It is a slow process, you cannot expect change to happen over night, there are things you can do to help yourself
    but as you are just starting out, I would suggest making the changes gradually - this way you can find what works for you and your body.

So the one thing lots of people forget is water, water and more water - you do need a resonable amount to aid weightloss.
    and you will find you go to the bathroom a fair bit if you didn't normally drink a lot - but the more you do it, the easier it gets
    I think I settled down after 2-3 weeks.

Also if you are basing some of your thoughts on loss on the bit at the bottom when you complete your diary, then don't it is a very rough guideline based on you doing exactly the same thing for the next 5 weeks, but from previous debates it can vary greatly on acturacy, it is more to give you an idea on how well you are eating.

There are minimums you should aim for as NET calories after taking off any calories for exercise for women its 1200 and for men its 1500 - these are the guidelines set by the world health organisation as the min/day to sustain a person, anything less over a period of time can do some seriuos damage to a body, and it can be hard to reverse if continued for prolonged time.
    anything less should only be done under the very careful eye of a doctor.

I spent my first four weeks just logging everything I ate and drank to see where I spent my calories, then each week after that I tried to change one thing, once that became a habit and something I could do without thinking twice, I moved on to change something else --- I am now down 42lb since feb - there are folks who have lost more than me in the same period of time, but I am comfortable with my progress, I was worried about not giving my skin a chance to adjust - as being older and over weight for a long time, it isn't going to just snap back to where it should be.

Good luck with your journey
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You didn't get fat in a week.
    You're not gonna get skinny in a week.

Eat the number of calories that you have set as your goal. Don't eat significantly less than that. It seems like it would help, but it won't. You have to eat in order to fuel your body.

But like someone else said: You can either quit now and stay the way you are. Or you can keep going and have some patience.

Also, pay no attention to that red "You'll weigh XXX pounds in 5 weeks" thing. It's only based on how many calories you eat that single day, not how much you eat on average.
  • bhealthy2012
    Options
    Lennie, just keep eating good and exercise a little more and you will see results. No matter what eating healthy is better than doing nothing.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Be sure to take your measurements now, so you can see and celebrate it when you begin to lose inches. It's possible you'll see happy changes there before you see them on the scale. The scale is probably the least accurate tool for tracking the changes your body WILL go through. Patience and consistency will lead you to success!
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm PRAYING that you're not trolling.