My Journey

My Name is ken yates. I am 55 years old. I have had weight issues my whole life, i have been on a bunch of diets, lost weight and gained it all back. What i am starting today is a life style changed, i am getting close to retirement, i want to enjoy my retirement. This is going to be one the hardest things i ever done but i have to do it.

Replies

• Hi Ken. I can't say I am close to retirement. But fully understand where you are coming from.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 14,090 Member
    Hi Ken,

Weight management is very simple, but it's sure not easy. One thing that is important to keep in mind is to look towards your goal and consider what you will do when (not if) you get there. If it's a real lifestyle change, it will last beyond getting to your goal weight. Set yourself up for success by choosing an approach you can keep up after you've lost as much as you want.

Retirement is going to be great. I've got about five years left. Like you, I want to be healthy enough to be active at that time.

So what goals do you have for yourself, and how are you going to work towards them?