Sup

Options
Hi all! Deleted my old, stale account to start fresh in a lot of ways. Glad to be back and wish you all luck in your journeys to healthier versions of yourselves, whatever that might look like.

I'd love to connect with others who like to get their sweat on, especially veg food lovers so I can stalk your diaries.

To new beginnings! <3

Replies

• RomBomMFP
    RomBomMFP Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just rejoined myself! Happy to have a new start.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,191 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

Do you have some new strategies for the fresh start? What are your goals, short or long term?

If you've been here before, you know there's great tools to help with our journeys. Best fortune on yours!
  • VegeKelly
    VegeKelly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! And wow, good questions..! Boiled down, my goals are to become stronger and happier both in my body and spirit, which I hope to achieve by living more intentionally. It's a lot, but something I should have prioritized a loooong time ago. ;)

• mtaratoot
    Options
    Those are good overarching goals, but not particularly specific, measurable, or time-bound. They are likely achievable, but not without some more specificity.

How will you measure your success?

How can MFP help you achieve these goals?

Success awaits us. We just need to have a good idea where we're heading. I'm a big proponent of taking side trips along the way as long as we get back on the main path after we've seen the attractions on the side hikes.
  • VegeKelly
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Those are good overarching goals, but not particularly specific, measurable, or time-bound. They are likely achievable, but not without some more specificity.

How will you measure your success?

How can MFP help you achieve these goals?

Success awaits us. We just need to have a good idea where we're heading. I'm a big proponent of taking side trips along the way as long as we get back on the main path after we've seen the attractions on the side hikes.

You sound like my workplace with SMART goals and all. ;) Clearly I have some thinking to do. What are your goals?
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Thanks for asking!

Yes, there's something to those smart goals, ain't there. My weight related goals have changed recently. They had been to maintain my mass in one of two ranges. One was a +/- five pound range around my goal weight; I call this my absolute range. My other range was +/- three pounds, and that is my ideal range. To be honest, I was never sure that my goal weight was the "right" one. I'd done quite well for 2.5 years, but some combination of things has caused me to react poorly since October, and I now need to consider that I'm no longer maintaining and have to get back to weight LOSS. I know my goal is achievable; I have been there before and stayed for a coupe years. Time-bound? I give myself three months so I don't rush things. Measurable? You bet!

I have some fitness goals, and they have also been stymied by the pandemic. The are focused on functional strength and the ability to do some of the activities I love, like playing Ultimate, riding a bike, rowing a raft, paddling canoes & kayaks, and SCUBA diving. I will admit that these goals are a little squishier. I have a step goal I was trying to meet every day, but to be honest, I've been a complete failure there, too, lately. It's exacerbated by all the stress around us, but the truth is that I am the only person that can do something about it.

I have some financial goals, too. But I'm not writing about them.

So... howz by you?
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking!

Yes, there's something to those smart goals, ain't there. My weight related goals have changed recently. They had been to maintain my mass in one of two ranges. One was a +/- five pound range around my goal weight; I call this my absolute range. My other range was +/- three pounds, and that is my ideal range. To be honest, I was never sure that my goal weight was the "right" one. I'd done quite well for 2.5 years, but some combination of things has caused me to react poorly since October, and I now need to consider that I'm no longer maintaining and have to get back to weight LOSS. I know my goal is achievable; I have been there before and stayed for a coupe years. Time-bound? I give myself three months so I don't rush things. Measurable? You bet!

I have some fitness goals, and they have also been stymied by the pandemic. The are focused on functional strength and the ability to do some of the activities I love, like playing Ultimate, riding a bike, rowing a raft, paddling canoes & kayaks, and SCUBA diving. I will admit that these goals are a little squishier. I have a step goal I was trying to meet every day, but to be honest, I've been a complete failure there, too, lately. It's exacerbated by all the stress around us, but the truth is that I am the only person that can do something about it.

So... howz by you?

Would you be willing to PM me your financial goals? I’m highly interested.
    Your banking info would be helpful, too.

😂🥰🤗
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Thanks for asking!

So... howz by you?

😂🥰🤗

All my passwords are 123pass. Actually they are Open Sesame. Actually.... I sort of do want to retire in 228 weeks. Not that I'm counting. I wonder if I'll be back at my goal weight by then.

I got to ask why @forestfreek -- are you running some kind of Russian bride service? I keep getting friend requests.....

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking!

So... howz by you?

😂🥰🤗

All my passwords are 123pass. Actually they are Open Sesame. Actually.... I sort of do want to retire in 228 weeks. Not that I'm counting. I wonder if I'll be back at my goal weight by then.

I got to ask why @forestfreek -- are you running some kind of Russian bride service? I keep getting friend requests.....

Errrr.....well, busted. But it’s a Canadian bride service, not Russian. You get a lifetime supply of maple syrup and poutine with each “purchase”.
    Interested?
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    If they maple syrup and poutine aren't on the same plate.... maybe 😜

Especially if there's some occasional back bacon. And maybe a moose steak or two.

Let's get a rowboat full of whiskey and head for Valparaiso.

• VegeKelly
    Options
    Hahaha, I'll leave you two to it! This is much more entertaining than thinking logically about my life strategy.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    @VegeKelly

Glad you're entertained. Sorry for the inside jokes. We had some back and forth about an old practice of smuggling booze into the US from Canada during prohibition by rowing up and "exporting" to avoid the consumption tax and listing the destination as Chile.

I am still interested in reading about strategies you're going to use to achieve your goals. MFP is a great tool, and I hope you enjoy it.