Apple Brie Stuffed Chicken Breast with Dijon glaze

Options
Determined to try new recipes that make my calorie reduction decadent and NOT boring.
Found this on Emily Bites Blog. 345 calories per serving

Replies

• reginaswork
    reginaswork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    edu057d045ug.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Sounds delish!

I was dubious about the calories so logged them, and sure enough, got 341 calories before the mustards and spices. (Note that the brie is "light".)

While I'm not sure that 1 oz of brie is going to be enough for 6 oz of chicken, one could use less chicken and more brie to adjust that ratio while keeping calories down.

d72e7b4efca9d8d4028cac8c5c2472f8.png

https://emilybites.com/2020/11/apple-and-brie-stuffed-chicken.html
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Ooh yum, saved for future use. Thanks for sharing!!
  • reginaswork
    reginaswork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Btw, here’s what I found after making, the Brie I used was not light, it was all I had...but once out of the oven it had melted away into liquid. The apple slices were not super soft, and the glaze was yummy. I end up spooning the liquid over my chicken. Mostly it was easy. I’ll keep posting the good recipes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    that sounds good and actually pretty similar to another recipe I made recently. actually a combination of two different recipes. i think ill have to save that one.

i wouldn't use brie just because hubby doesn't like it but provolone or mozzarella would be a decent substitute.