Listening to Podcasts - What's your favorite for Fitness and exercise!

Options
Just curious of what's some good ones to listen to. Right now I'm listening to Muscle for Life & Mind Pump!

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Sigma Nutrition is great. I really like the FitCast, although I don't think there are any new ones. There are years of old ones, though.

For running, I've enjoyed Run to the Top and some triathlon ones. Rich Roll sometimes.
  • RashadLavelle
    RashadLavelle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Sigma Nutrition is great. I really like the FitCast, although I don't think there are any new ones. There are years of old ones, though.

For running, I've enjoyed Run to the Top and some triathlon ones. Rich Roll sometimes.

I remember Rich Roll. I totally forgot about that one. His audiobook is awesome too!
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Yeah, I liked his book also.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I don't have any fitness related podcasts in the rotation ATM.

When I exercise I like to listen to Brian Tyler Cohen or Pod Save America.

When I drive I like Milk St Radio, a cooking podcast by the founder of America's Test Kitchen.

Occasionally when I drive I listen to Krishna Das, but he's a little too mellow for driving when I'm tired. Maybe I will try it in the woods some time. Might also be good for big pruning jobs, which I find meditative in the first place.

https://beherenownetwork.com/category/krishna-das/
  • violetanderson39
    violetanderson39 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mind Pump fan as well!! Working through one of their programs now!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Rich Roll is hit or miss for me but I'm a sucker for long-form podcasts...

LONG FORM >30 min
    Jocko Podcast (DEFCOR Network)
    David Goggins Getting Interviewed
    Half Size Me (Heather A. Robertson)
    The Shakeout Podcast (Canadian Running Magazine)
    POOG with Kate Berlant and Jacqueline Novak (Big Money Players Network & iHeartRadio)
    Real Talk MS (Jon Strum)
    The Christian Health Club Podcast (The Christian Nutritionist)
    Life Fitness Podcast by The Diet Doc La Grande OR (Brittney Garcia)
    300 Pounds & Running (Martinus Evans)
    Couch to 5K (RUNNING MATE)
    BLKHLTH Podcast (BLKHLTH)

LONG FORM HOSTED BY LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
    Solving Healthcare with Dr. Kwadwo Kyeremanteng (Kwadwo Kyeremanteng)
    Pursuing Health (Julie Foucher MD, MS)
    Nutrition Facts with Dr. Greger (Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM.)
    This Podcast Burns Fat! (Dr. Lori Shemek and Omar Cumberbatch)

SHORT BITES <30 min
    Maximum Wellness (Mackie Shilstone)
    Men's Health Minute (Men's Health)

NOTE: The ones in purple haven't updated with new episodes in a while

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    The Weightloss Podcast is good. It's a couple who lost a bunch of weight and are now personal trainers.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Half Size Me

High Performance Mindset (more athlete minded then weight loss)
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The Food Code has some good episodes. You have to be able to handle a lot of millennial 'upspeak' (seriously, You Guys) and constant reminders that these ladies are experts because they've done the research and are Nutrition Coaches, but Registered Dieticians and Doctors don't know what they're talking about because they haven't done 'the journey'. Still, there is a lot of good information if you can look past that!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    @spygirl2014 Thanks for recommending The Food Code. Just listened to three episodes while walking. I found them very easy to listen to. In a way, easier to listen to than the popular We Only Look Thin that I find has a lot of banter between hosts. Maybe TFC will annoy over time as well. We'll see. :)
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I don't usually listen to diet/fitness/"wellness" podcasts - I prefer science, history, and fiction - but I do like to listen to podcasts while doing things like working out, cooking, folding laundry, etc.

Stuff To Blow Your Mind is a science and culture podcast. Lately they've been pumping their feed full of content almost every day of the week and they have a huge, 10-year+ backlog of episodes.

Futility Closet is basically historical trivia, although they have occasionally discussed more recent events that wouldn't fall under the purview of "history." They also end each episode with a lateral thinking puzzle, which is fun.

The Magnus Archives is a horror fiction podcast that's ending in the next few months. Extremely well-done, although the entire conceit of the plot turns on the concept of fear, so you know, listener discretion is advised. No sex, no swearing, occasional drug references (only alcohol and cigarettes IIRC), but there are descriptions of gross and/or violent scenes.

I'm less into true crime these days, but in the past I've listened to and enjoyed Criminal (not just murder!) and Casefile (usually murder! but the narrator is pleasant to listen to, at least).
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love anything on the Advices Radio Network. My two favourites are:

It’s Just Bodybuilding
    Muscle Minds
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    The Food Code has some good episodes. You have to be able to handle a lot of millennial 'upspeak' (seriously, You Guys) and constant reminders that these ladies are experts because they've done the research and are Nutrition Coaches, but Registered Dieticians and Doctors don't know what they're talking about because they haven't done 'the journey'. Still, there is a lot of good information if you can look past that!

Heh, this recommendation made me think I'd hate the podcast, but maybe I'm being too GenX.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options

Heh, this recommendation made me think I'd hate the podcast, but maybe I'm being too GenX.

@lemurcat2 I was thinking the same, but I was looking for something for today's walk. I did the three episodes on gut health and came across plenty of new info. I plan to listen to them again at home, so that I can jot some notes.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »

@lemurcat2 I was thinking the same, but I was looking for something for today's walk. I did the three episodes on gut health and came across plenty of new info. I plan to listen to them again at home, so that I can jot some notes.

Hmm, maybe I'll give them a try. I got the impression from the description that it might be full of woo, but next time I'm in search of a podcast...
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I recently started the RP Strength pod and have really enjoyed the first two episodes I picked out of the back log.