Hi and Happy New Year

Options
juliejules1011wi
juliejules1011wi Posts: 19 Member
edited January 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I’m Julie. I’m 59 years old and approximately 140 pounds overweight. Right now I am a virtual school teacher, so I don’t move around a lot during the day. I have a liver disease as well as a lung disease. If I can lose weight I can reverse my liver disease I’m hoping! Praying! If I can get in shape, that should help me with my breathing. I am very out of shape! So, I need to lose weight and get in shape. The big birthday’s in October, so my goal is to be in much better shape and have lost weight to the point where my liver showing signs of regenerating/healing/not as fatty!!!! I’ve been on this app on and off for a couple years, but it’s time to get serious! I look forward to doing this journey with all of you.
I’m doing the Mediterranean diet, so interested to hear if anyone is doing that. It’s been touted to be an excellent diet for getting the liver healthy again.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Glad you’re here!

I’m not doing any type of “diet”. I’ve found the different restrictions cause me to freak out and binge. I allow myself any food I want, as long as I stay within my calorie target. I eat mostly foods that would be considered “healthy”, but I definitely allow chocolate and ice cream.
  • juliejules1011wi
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,703 Member
    Options
    I don’t mean to come off as rude, if this sounds this way, it in often hear stories like yours and think how motivational would it be for the kids to see their teacher making improvements. Kids notice this stuff, and copy and are inspired by the adults they watch.

I’ve wondered if there were even anyway to turn it into a learning experience without being icky or too personal. Miss Julie as science and math project, only more subtle than that.

Sorry...... just a personal musing from someone who’s never taught - for a reason,
    Obviously.

Does this even make any sense?
  • juliejules1011wi
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks!!! 😃
  • Roy1C
    Roy1C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi. Glad you’re here working towards a better you. I am over that big birthday that you mentioned. I’ve been getting regular exercise for the past several years and am in better shape than I was in my mid 50’s. I’ve gained some weight during the pandemic and have some’Rona lbs to lose. This is doable. We can both do it!
  • juliejules1011wi
    Options
    Thank you!!!