Bring your lunch to work week - no frozen foods

Options
2»

Replies

• chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bringing my lunch keeps away the temptation to order out with the gang and reminds me my goals!
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    I make a large pot of soup on the weekend and freeze in serving size containers to take for lunch. Lots of good recipes on fatfreevegan.com. I always put a little extra cayenne pepper in the recipes - very satsifying. And baby carrots for a snack. Beans are very filling, but if you don't cook your own, check the labels, because some have a lot more sodium than others. Nature's Promise beans have far less sodium than other brands. :smile:
  • un4gvn2
    Options
    I have the single serving Pyrex dishes and just pack up my lunch when I am cleaning up after supper. Homemade spaghetti, meat & veggies ( today was a slice of meatloaf and serving of peas), chicken chili, fajita leftovers, etc ....

I Love the Pyrex !! Freezer, microwave, dishwasher + single serving size = just like the frozen meals, but with your "healthy choices" !

I love tuna w/ diced pickles, onions, dill weed, garlic & little miracle whip with some Wheat Thin Fiber crackers when I want something crunchy ! Great snack !!

Arnold Sandwich Thins with favorite deli meat & red leaf lettuce leaves is another quick easy make ahead favorite. Paired with a piece of fruit or a veggie - all set !!

Good Luck & Keep Up the Great Work !
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Anyone started yet? I don't work on mondays so day 1 will be tomorrow!
  • msjamartin
    Options
    So...did my shopping and I think I won't have to grab any of the frozen stuff this week for either lunch or dinner. Well mabye one of my homemade white chicken chill containers that I have in the freezer but that doesn't count.

Today was large salad with 3oz's of chicken that I cooked up last night. Looked at the pre-cooked chicked (the Hormel and the Tyson brands that are pre-cooked at the store) and didn't like the sodium level at all plus I had frozen chicken breast so why waste the money. Salad contained mix spring greens, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes and carrots. I also have a nectarine and some celery w/ laughing cow chees for snacking.

Breakfast was my normal high-protein breakfast bar before working out and greek yogurt with banana after.

Dinner is up in the air, but I'm thinking a turkey and light swiss wrap heated up (so no need for mayo/dressing) with a small salad. Don't want to over do the salad as I can get tired of it so we shall see.

Good luck everyone.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Well the week is pretty much over. I hope it was successful for all of you, no matter what your plan was for the week.

I met the challenge and have eaten fresh lunches everyday. Mostly salad and yesterday I did a wrap. A couple of my co-workers joined in with the lunches as well (after a lunch out where they both ate WAY too much and wanted to be "healthy" for a couple days.)

Now if only my pocketbook can make it until payday without resorting to the back up meals in the freezer.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job!! i take my lunch about 4 days out of the week and then do a freezer lunch or go to subway about 1 day per week. :-)
    some of my coworkers EAT OUT everyday! i don't how how they afford it or how they stay at a healthy weight.... lol

i do a lot of wraps and a lot of leftovers.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :flowerforyou: