getting my carb/fat/protein amounts in line

Options
How can I add more protein but not more fat to my diet?

Replies

• AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    For me I eat grilled chicken breast, very lean ground beef, and for breakfasts protien pancakes or anabolic french toast. If I eat at least two of those servings everything else falls into place with my "wants"
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Oh and read lables and watch the serving sizes. Remember everything had calories!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Lean meat, skim dairy, protein sources like beans/lentils.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    Well, first let me say that I hope you know you don't need to hit either macros or calories exactly. Close is plenty good enough, especially if a little over one day, a little under some other day: It all averages out, over time; no daily reset in the body, just in how we count 'em up.

Also, once you get the basics of nutrition covered (protein, fat, fiber, plenty of veggies/fruits for micros), then you can spend any remaining discretionary calories on whatever you like.

If you're still trying to dial in the nutritional values to where you want them, something like this may help:

Help-What-Do-I-Eat.jpg

This is from: https://fyfnutrition.com/2017/07/17/help-what-do-i-eat/

. . . but there are lots of other resources out there, if you use a web search.

It can take a while to dial in a good way of eating, personalized to your calorie/nutrition/satiation/pleasure needs, but it's OK if it takes a while. As long as we're not starting out having been doctor-diagnosed with some worrisome nutritional deficiency, the body's not going to become malnourished in the short run, as long as our calorie level is not so punitively low that that's a problem in itself. If there *is* some doctor-diagnosed deficiency, that's a good time to ask for referral to a registered dietitian (RD).

Best wishes!
  • misslizzierod
    misslizzierod Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Whenever I need to boost up my protein for the day, I can count on lean meats such as chicken breast or turkey (7% fat or 1% fat) I also eat egg whites mixed with one egg, low-fat cottage cheese, 0% unsweetened Greek yogurt mixed with protein powder so it's kind of like a high-protein "pudding". @AshHeartsJesus stated she eats anabolic French toast which I am waiting to try but have heard are very filling and carry a lot of protein.