Hello 2021!

Options
SunshineKrause143
SunshineKrause143 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2021 in Introduce Yourself
Hello FitnessPal Family! Excited to get smart on tracking Macros this year and form lifelong habits!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! What goals are you hoping tracking macros will help you reach?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi Whitney! Welcome to the group. What types of habits are you looking to form? Are you looking for more diet or exercise wise?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,856 Member
    Options
    Hi, Whitney. Are you new to MFP?

From my own experience, calories are far more important than macros. Mfp’s model is CICO (Calories in/Calories out).

Have you entered your height and weight and set a calorie and weight loss goal yet?

This is an older thread but helpful nonetheless less:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal

Welcome to the forums. May you be a prolific poster, and shedder of weight!
  • chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Agree that calorie counting = diet 😳 is really important to reach goal weight. I have started 2021 with this focus along with an increased resistance training plus 2 a day cardio sessions
  • TheStidge
    TheStidge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think macros can be very helpful to give you a good idea on the quality of your food. Yes, you can lose weight eating 100% carbs if you stay in a calorie deficit, but it's much better to give your body a good balance. So, good on you for tracking!
  • loitz2444
    loitz2444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I've been on here awhile but never in the community/forums. Anyway, I've been doing the calorie counting since October. Basically trying to get 10,000 steps a day, no alcohol during the week, and maintain a calorie deficit. Have lost close to 30 lbs. I do cheat and do whatever I want friday night through Sunday and recently started a lower body workout plan, mostly squats, etc.. But within the last couple weeks I'm starting to plateau.

So any suggestions on breaking the plateau? I'm trying not to yo yo this time. So I know I can up my workouts, but then I need more calories, get hungry, over consume, etc... I'm looking for small gradual incremental life changes versus a massive change that I am more likely to not maintain. Sorry for long post and thanks for any thoughts.