Food Cravings

Options
How to control cravings, binge eating and emotional eating?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    find something else to do.

dont have them in the house.

have single servings portioned out and log it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    1. Therapy - seriously. You need to address the underlying issues that are the impetus of your binge eating.
    2. Journaling - Journal when you get cravy/bingy. What are you feeling? Why are you feeling it? Will eating really fix that, or just dull it for awhile?
    3. Set a timer - When you get a craving, set a timer for 5 minutes and make yourself wait to eat. Maybe journal in the meantime. Gradually set the timer longer and longer. Ask yourself, after the timer goes off, if you still really want whatever you’re craving.
  • cgcdavis7
    cgcdavis7 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If I really really want it, I'll fit it into my diary. If it's not dire, I find something else to sub whatever it is. For chips, I'll eat habanero bbq almonds, ice cream would be strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt etc. A huge tactic is also making sure I don't have crap in the house and drinking enough water.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    -Plan you meals and snacks ahead of time. Get rid of unhealthy choices. Stock up on healthy choices.
    -Eat every couple hours, don't get so hungry you're shaking.
    -Drink lots of water and tea.
    -Meditate. Visualize the fit and trim future you.
    -Redirect the mind: reading, puzzles, go for a walk, do your nails, paint, write or sing...
    -Identify the trigger, give it a minute of your time to evaluate, then let it go. If you need to actually destroy it, then write it down on paper and burn it.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    For me, these are motivated by emotional issues; dealing with these issues, making them a real priority, affects everything wellness related. Until the emotional motivations for binge eating are dealt with, the problem will always come back.