Lunch ideas?

What's some of your favorite lunch ideas for at work?

I'm trying to give myself so more variety as I get tired of eating the same thing after a few days. I've done regular salads with different dressings and proteins and add veggies, sandwiches I can't even do anymore.

Unfortunately I don't get a dedicated "lunch break" it's basically eat when I can. So looking for outside the box ideas that don't need heated up and bonus points if it's something you can prep beginning of week.

I have done veggies, fruit and a protein that I just snack on throughout the day but then I caught myself boredom eating while at home -.-

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    yogurt
    fruit
    nuts
    peanut butter crackers
    homemade lunchables
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Easiest is leftovers from dinner the night before. Might be a bummer to eat cold, but you could.
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    yogurt
    fruit
    nuts
    peanut butter crackers
    homemade lunchables

I didn't think of homemade lunchables! Thank you!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Perhaps overnight oats? I also like some soups cold, like butternut, but that depends on your preference. I'm a big fan of eating leftovers cold, though, so I might not be the best source.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    A little soup thermos might expand your horizons. (I also don't get a scheduled break and I basically eat in my car before or after travelling between work sites.)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    First.. I love those plastic containers with the sections. Pack a fun lunch...and fill each section with something tasty and on plan. It makes lunch exciting. I put my carb in the smallest section. ie' rice or a roasted red potato or smashed potatoes. I put a vegetable or cucumbers and onions in the next largest section..and my protein and maybe a bed of vegetables in the largest part of the container. You could also put fruit on one of the smaller sections if you wish. And.. a thermos of a low fat tasty broth soup with vegetables would make you feel like you had so much variety.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I second the notion of hot soup in a thermos. Or it mightn't be too late to ask Santa for one of these:
    https://www.macys.com/shop/product/elite-gourmet-33oz.-warmables-lunch-box-electric-food-warmer-with-stainless-steel-pot?ID=10212095
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    First.. I love those plastic containers with the sections. Pack a fun lunch...and fill each section with something tasty and on plan. It makes lunch exciting. I put my carb in the smallest section. ie' rice or a roasted red potato or smashed potatoes. I put a vegetable or cucumbers and onions in the next largest section..and my protein and maybe a bed of vegetables in the largest part of the container. You could also put fruit on one of the smaller sections if you wish. And.. a thermos of a low fat tasty broth soup with vegetables would make you feel like you had so much variety.

I have a bento box to make it fun and cute!
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    I second the notion of hot soup in a thermos. Or it mightn't be too late to ask Santa for one of these:
    https://www.macys.com/shop/product/elite-gourmet-33oz.-warmables-lunch-box-electric-food-warmer-with-stainless-steel-pot?ID=10212095

I actually had one of these and LOVED it until it fell and broke and I had actually managed to learn to "cook" simple things in it
  • a_ross94291
    a_ross94291 Posts: 7 Member
    either left overs from dinner the night before, salads or low cal wraps ( pinterest has a lot of good ideas) or some grilled chicken breast , rice and a veggie. soup is a good one as well .
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    I've been doing chili ( turkey or lean beef) and salads with ( vacuum packed package) tuna. Favorite new dressing I'm hooked on is Marzetti's Simply Dressed Lemon vinagrett! Yum! Favorite new Yogurt ( even though $$) is Too Good brand- super dense and protein packed!
    But I too am on the hunt for a filling lunch! I'm a Sunday prepper so fresh fruit, other than apples/bananas, don't always make it all week.