Healthy lifestyle

Options
Looking for tips and recipes for healthier eating

Replies

• merdenoms1969
    merdenoms1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Eat a Mediterranean style diet. Weight all you food to stay with in your diary calories. Exercise everyday, even if its walking outside. Stay consistent, eat whole foods, no processed foods. Log all calories you eat, drink lots of water. Stay strong an committed
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Looking for tips and recipes for healthier eating

Check out the Recipes board. There's a lot of good stuff in there.

It's really not necessary to cut out processed foods altogether for a healthier diet in my opinion, I'm more of an "everything in moderation" kind of gal. Some processed foods help me towards my nutritional goals, particularly tinned and frozen produce when I am running short on time.

If you've met your nutritional goals, there's nothing wrong with eating something that's not considered nutritionally dense.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Dawn! Healthier eating can look different to each person. I'm probably not the poster child. :D

My daily goal is to have at least 3 fruits and veggies per day. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't. But I'm starting small, not trying to completely overhaul my diet on Day 1. I've tried that before, and I always end up crashing and burning.
  • 1poundatax
    1poundatax Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I use Slender Kitchen and Skinnytaste websites for recipes and ideas.