bought dumbbells and i feel guilty for buying them

13»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You've gotten so much good advice already. I'd just like to suggest something...I follow Sydney Cummings on YouTube. She uses dumbbells in *most* of her workouts (some are bodyweight only). AND, she always has a positive message at the beginning, during, and at the end of each and every workout. Try it out and maybe her positive vibes will rub off on you! I wish you luck👍
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    i only feel gulity bc of the price they’re so expensive 😭
    While it's good to be frugal and try not to spend money frivolously, some things are worth the cost. If they contribute to success on your health journey, then they're not an expense, they're an investment.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    edited January 2021
    A few weeks ago I purchased a (used off FB marketplace) weight set - and despite the fact that money is going to be a bit of an issue here in the coming months, I have ZERO regrets buying it! It's not perfect, or as nice as a gym set up would be, but I also never fight for equipment LOL. A few more dumbbells and a couple more plates would put me in a pretty content place.

So, ya, don't feel guilty - I'm guessing the guilt will fade as you get into a better workout routine.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    wait ... f150 ($204) for 4 dumbbells?
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »

yeah
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

I believe it....prices of weights are ridiculous right now. Check out some at Amazon, especially anything 20 pounds or more.
    She paid a fair retail price.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    I just spend $2400 on a used set of 5-100 dumbbells and feel zero guilt. They maintain their value and its money invested, not spent.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I hesitated a year ago when my husband wanted to spend $1,000 on a rowing machine. I had never used one and wasn't sure I'd even like it.

I can't tell you how happy I am that we made that investment (just in time, right before the pandemic). We both use it almost every day, and have been able to cancel our gym memberships.

It's not a waste of money and you shouldn't feel guilty if you are using them. It's an investment in your health and wellbeing, and that is always worth it.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member

I believe it....prices of weights are ridiculous right now. Check out some at Amazon, especially anything 20 pounds or more.

I'm just stunned. That's $50 per dumbbell. I bought a carload of dumbbells at Dick's in Feb '20 and they were about $11-12 each. The > $20 lbs ones were more, those might've been $20 each.

Like with all exercise equipment, if you actually use it often, it's worth every penny.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member

Yes. I'm generally seeing prices working out at least £4 or so per kg

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    As long as you made sure to pay all of your bills as well, idk why one would need to feel guilty about investing in their health. I purchased a spin bike last month and I have no regrets. Once my free trial for classes runs out, I’ll pay the monthly fee and I have no regrets. I purchase hundred of dollars worth of zoom dance classes every month and I have no regrets. I can’t regret taking care of my physical and mental health. Investing in yourself is something to celebrate, not feel guilt about.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    42ffjfw3woqb.gif