Calories not being adjusted on MFP

Options
Hello, I have a Fitbit and it generally syncs to MFP when I trace excerises and adjusts the calories to what I’ve burned. It’s stopped doing this. I’ve tried deleting the apps, login and out and have checked the apps and they are connected to each other. It’s showing my steps just not my exercise that logged

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes there are issues between the 2 apps - check out the Help site, any known issues are normally recorded there (which can save you a mountain of frustration uninstalling/resinstalling etc) there's nothing currently showing in there for Fitbit though other than issues disconnecting it.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002215711-Troubleshooting
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Fitbit never has sent workouts to MFP.
    So it would not show exercises that you logged in Fitbit.

MFP will show an adjustment if Fitbit reports you burned more than MFP was expecting with no exercise.
    That difference is rarely the amount of the exercise though, since the difference can also be daily activity.

So you can also get that effect when you have an Activity level on MFP that expects a certain calorie burn - but you don't burn more than that.
    If you have in your Food settings Negative Calorie adjustment (usually should), then you'll find out if you burned less than expected, and to keep the deficit, you'll be given less to eat.

So confirm meal totals are showing up in Fitbit.
    Enable Negative Calorie adjustment.
    Look in Exercise Diary (where the adjustment is despite it not only being exercise) for the Adjustment being set to 0 perhaps.
    Tap and hold on that line for more details - confirm a recent sync time and calorie burn (though it must be 100 higher than prior sync to be sent).

Find a prior day where you think it showed an exercise logged and post the screen shot of it.