Anyone else have insomnia?

Options
I go through it periodically. All I have to do is take inositol and 3 mg. of DFH Melatonin. DFH stands for Designs for Health and it is the only melatonin that I have found to work seriously. Get this though, I don't take the natural supplements because I don't like to "take" anything. I want my body to work it out naturally so 4 days later when I still haven't had a good nights sleep, I feel all run down. Now I am sick. Maybe I'll go take some Melatonin!

Replies

• phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I go through it periodically. All I have to do is take inositol and 3 mg. of DFH Melatonin. DFH stands for Designs for Health and it is the only melatonin that I have found to work seriously. Get this though, I don't take the natural supplements because I don't like to "take" anything. I want my body to work it out naturally so 4 days later when I still haven't had a good nights sleep, I feel all run down. Now I am sick. Maybe I'll go take some Melatonin!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I, and many of the women in my family including my 14 year old daughter get insomnia during our monthly cycle. Mine just so happens to coincide with the full moon too :noway:

I don't like to take anything so when I am not sleeping well or can't get to sleep I make sure to try to get in extra long cardio sessions late in the day and drink chammomile tea before bed. Doesn't always work but I do get to bed a little easier than nights I don't.

Insomnia can be linked to hormones, my ob/gyn said in women who have insomnia prior to their cylce it is due to a drop in hormone levels just before the cycle.

Hope it helps, just sleep when you can and my best solution for those wicked nights, really lame reality shows in the dark on the couch, get as comfy as possible and let the stupid shows put you to sleep :laugh:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I do drink Chamomile, sleepy time or bedtime tea and it really does help. I just have to remember to drink it!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Kick up your Vitamin C to at least 6000 IU daily and Vitamin D3 to at least 2000 IU Daily, this will help your immune system which is getting run down now/ no sleep.. Hopefully it will help give you the energy during the day, so you will be ready to sleep at night. I have to take 2mg very small dose of Lunesta when I can't sleep. Sometimes it's so hard to clear your head. Try reading a magazine or book, or writing what's on your mind down on paper. Warm milk, chamomile tea etc... Be well! :flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    my doc told me as I get older we make less melatonin, I take one every night the only time I don't take it are days at sea when I work 16+ hour days.