Double Counting Exercise

Options
Does anyone know why the App double counts the exercise from my Garmin Connect that is linked to MyFitness. I am now in the habit of deleting the entry and relying on the parallel input from Apple Health - which is just a cal burn counter rather than anything more sophisticated. Bit of a 1st world problem to be honest but slightly irritating.

Any ideas?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    The app has always had glitches like that IME. I don't think there's a way around it.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I had that problem where the app would log a run from both my fitbit and my running app. I just removed the link to the fitbit because I don't need to have MVP eliminating calories based on my steps. Somehow my fitbit still gets my meal info from MFP tho. I don't know why I need five million tools to track what I'm doing. It's just my way.
  • nahrobson
    nahrobson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks..... really a 1st World problem.....! I think Ill just do what @CorvusCorax77 does and just delete either the link or the entry. Ill survive - just a bit of a pain!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sometimes mfp can be glitchy (which is why id never use the paid version lol)

i use a fitbit (for me the calories are reasonably accurate). but I like to manually log my workouts in mfp. so I enter my workout, then edit the calorie burn to '1'