Exercise calories ?

Options
jlane927
jlane927 Posts: 1 Member
Could someone please explain to me if I have my fitness pal tabulate my steps how does 7000 step only gain 9 calories ? I mean there are days I workout and spin class and walk on treadmill and it registers 200-300 calories but on normal days it like 9 calories added to my budget

Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Use Walking slow pace.
    For 7000 steps would be about 1 hour @ 260 - 300 calories / hour.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about a walk that is an extra 7k steps of effort? Or a day where you take an average of 7k steps?

When you put your activity level into mfp and sync up your fitbit, mfp gives you a set calorie goal based on your rate of loss, activity level (and age and gender, I think). It estimates what a normal days calorie burn would be and then subtracts calories from that total to create a deficit (and therefore put you in a position to start losing weight).

If your activity level matches pretty closely with what an average 7k step day is like, then you won't see any extra calories from that. You will only get extra calories if you go above and beyond your expected burn.

This number will adjust throughout the day, and it's most accurate result will be right at the last minute of the day... When it knows exactly how much you burned.

This means in the morning you may have negative cals, and by night you may have positive.