At my heaviest and need motivation.

Options
Hi guys,

Looking for friends to help me stay on track on my journey. I lost 25 pounds last year between July and September and then October brought a lot of stress and I gained it all back plus 8lbs. I started on January 1 at my heaviest of 273 and I'm 269 now. My mini goal is to get 250. I'm doing mini goals of 10lbs after I hit 250.

I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and I have created bad snacking habits, especially at night.

I know I can do this, I just need motivation and to see other's like me going through the same journey. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I like your idea of doing mini goals of 10lbs which is a lot easier than looking at your whole weight and deciding that you want to say get to 170, but have this huge mountain to climb to achieve that.
    I said the same thing to someone on my friends list last year, to do her weight loss in 10lbs stages which would take a lot of pressure away from aiming too high and failing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not far off the same weight, I'm at 265ish at the moment, I lost around 50lbs a few years ago and kept it off for a while but then regained + commission also with stress. I have been here throughout as I've attempted to lose it last year a couple of times but had a lot going on so didn't really knuckle down until November.

The 10lb chunk is definitely a lot less overwhelming. I also think it's a great idea to set yourself some non-scale related goals that support your weight loss, because sometimes the scale just doesn't tell you what you want it to, no matter whether you've put the effort in.

Mine are currently:
    • To eat 5 fruit and veg per day
    • Do 40 mins of exercise per day, even if it's just a walk
    • Eat 3 portions of protein
    • Aim to have an average of a 250 cal deficit for the month
    • Do at least one Yoga session, Strength Training workout or Walk for Red January (Charity Challenge)

Have you got some non-scale goals too??
  • Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I will send you a friend request!!
  • kevchenk01
    kevchenk01 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What are your main reasons for wanting to lose weight? Mine is a combination of confidence and also that I’m my best version of myself when I’m eating and training. I also have a skin disease which I cope with better when I’m training.
  • olliethewall
    olliethewall Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request too! I'm also doing mini weight loss goals. First goal is 10kg. ☺️
  • Mom24_2021
    Mom24_2021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I sympathize with you like you wouldn’t believe! Also at my heaviest after 4 children and a stay-at-home mom! So much boredom snacking and just in general having access to food all day with my little guilty pleasures like crackers and Goldfish snacks I would never buy for myself in the house for the kids. It’s tough. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can’t add on the website but Id love to go through this journey together.
  • BeefStew85
    BeefStew85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request! Being a stay at home mom of 3 myself, I can totally relate to the snacking thing! I have set up mini goals also, as I have 135ish to lose. :)