Going Out Need Some Drink Advice!

Options
Banrion
Banrion Posts: 157 Member
I am heading out to the pub soon and need some low-cal drink ideas. My friend suggested white-wine spritzers, but I want more of a punch!!

Replies

• janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Alcohol slows your metabolism. Just sayin. That said, I had a glass of wine with dinner. :wink:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Vodka straight.
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can stick with liquors and soda water/diet (not tonic) and be OK calorie-wise. Wine is OK, but it's really sort of middle-of-the-road when it comes to calories (though it's supposedly good for you). If you want to have a stronger drink, get water too and fill up on the water and take your time with the drink. Soda water with lime is a good way to mix it up if you don't just want to have regular tap water.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Vodka. 124 calories for two ounces.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've heard (though not verified) than gin is the lowest cal hard liquor... So like a gin and sparkling water/club soda/seltzer (whatever folks call it -I was just notified recently that seltzer is only a northern thing, but I digress) would be a good option
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I drink white wine spritzers at home instead of beer frequently, lol, ask for half a glass of white wine (or less), and see if they have for example zero calorie flavored seltzer, or very low calorie drinks like diet cranberry juice. Have fun!
  • RJSuperMan
    RJSuperMan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Who cares! Get smashed and have a great time. Just eat before you go out and detox tomorrow. LOL
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Most low cal drinks are also low alcohol. I guess you have to go all or nothing. I tend to stick to Canadian Sublime 67 and water or club soda and lime. No tipsy times for me unless I factor in the calories for a few glasses of organic sulphite free red wine.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Get smashed

^Good advice there. The vodka can help with that.
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    my favorite is vodka, club soda with a lime!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Vodka always wins with me too.

How many calories in cork because I got a little in my wine tonight. :laugh:
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Get smashed

^Good advice there. The vodka can help with that.

No...vodka is water to me, its rum that kicks me in the butt!!!