Finding recipes

Options
Does anyone know if there is a search function to find recipes? I have literally 25 pages of logged recipes (it's been 6 years) and I find myself looking for a dinner that I have put into the recipe builder, but I have no idea when, or what "page" it's on. I can search on my phone (but I'm getting an error message), but when I go into "Recipes" on my laptop, I just get them in the reverse order that they were put in (so the most recent recipes show up first). There's no way to organize them? This seems like something that should be fixable. Or maybe they didn't expect people to have 25 pages of recipes...? :flushed:

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont think on the laptop there is.

finding a recipe is working fine on my phone app. to see whats in it, you can click edit and it pulls it up

no, there's no way to organize them. I've been on here 10 years almost and probably have thousands of recipes saved since I use the recipe builder for nearly all my dinner and baked goods. since I use Pinterest to organize all my recipes, I generally pull it up there (if I'm looking for a specific one) and re enter it. its just easier.
  • cinaminonly
    cinaminonly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    very old response to your post but I find that if you go to your food diary, click "add foods" and then select "my recipes" they appear in alphabetical order which makes it easier to find a recipe.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP off and on since 2012 and I'm amazed they still haven't made it user friendly.... they must not make much money to put any work into that?? I like using MFP on my computer, and you're right it's completely irritating trying to find recipes on here.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I’m confused why y’all are thinking this is so difficulty.

I simply search my meals and recipes by name and the matches pop right up.

ccpd5yq66f5e.jpeg

I’m in the habit of dating my recipes (I save them as meals so individual ingredients post to my diary) so I always know which is the latest version.

So for example, if I go to my dairy and want to find a lasagna meal or recipe I’ve saved, I simply enter “lasagna” in the search bar, change my search area to meals, and five recipes pop up, including “lasagna 2-6-22”.

I select that one, change the serving size to .083 (the pan made twelve servings) and save it to my diary.
    ff5pua9nnybo.jpeg