Dancing anyone?

So I'm the type of person who *tries* to incorporate some type of exercise into day to day life as there's not always enough time to set a block of time to work out. One of my favorite things to do is blast some music while cleaning/ cooking/ whatever other adulting thing I need to do and dance while doing it. I'm kinda wanting to make a playlist exactly for this reason.

So what are some of your guys favorite songs to dance to just because?

*FYI I am not at all picky about genres

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love dancing! It's my favorite form of cardio, and I take some actual dance classes as well.

My favorite types of music to put on when I just want to dance are various latin genres, like latin pop,reggaeton/salasaton, salsa, bachata, merengue and cumbia. I also put on 90'/00's hip-hop/R & B, Sia or some old Britney Spears when I want to dance.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Good old 1970s disco will always get me dancing. Think Abba, the Bee Gees. Kylie Minogue's latest album is more than a nod to that and I am enjoying it. The Vengaboys are always good for a bop. A lot of 80s stuff as that was my era. Otherwise Ska or reggae (especially Toots & the Maytals, Madness, The Specials)
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    My favourite is cheesy 90's and 00's pop music - I use a Spotify playlist called 90s/00s school disco and it really takes me back.

Some of the songs included: Reach - S Club 7, Wannabe - Spicegirls, Doctor Jones - Aqua, Cotton Eye Joe etc.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    My favourite is cheesy 90's and 00's pop music - I use a Spotify playlist called 90s/00s school disco and it really takes me back.

Some of the songs included: Reach - S Club 7, Wannabe - Spicegirls, Doctor Jones - Aqua, Cotton Eye Joe etc.

sounds like some of my gym playlists (I have 4 or 5 different ones LOL)
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    I’ve just bought just dance 2021 and am loving it for an at home workout. I struggle to find exercise enjoyable and always fall off the wagon but this is great fun if you enjoy dancing.
  • _wild_phoenix_
    _wild_phoenix_ Posts: 31 Member
    @missashleigh92 I'm trying to convince my fiance to let me get just dance but he's worried that's all I will do😂 for now when I have the time I have playlists on youtube for zumba. Not a perfect solution but better than nothing plus fiance gets a good laugh watching me suck lol
  • amoangelus
    amoangelus Posts: 22 Member
    J-pop

Pretty much ANYTHING in the genre! It just makes me want to move.
  • belladawn4088
    belladawn4088 Posts: 3 Member
    What a great way of getting movement in!!! One song i love and really gets me walking faster is body bounce... i think the beat makes me go faster